NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Convertible needed for film shoot

cyberuck

I may have need of a convertible for a couple hours on Saturday, 2/23 for a film shoot. Mustang, BMW, Corvette, Camaro etc. PM me if you want to make your car a star.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of film shoot are you talking about?

Local indie short, promoting cancer awareness. The budget is very small, and any unused funds will be donated.

What time? I may be doing the NHRA event that weekend...

Haven't seen the shooting schedule, but it looks to be likely late afternoon around 4PM. I'll need to double check and see what time of day they need this shot. You'll be in the credits :)

Also, I think a convertible will film better than a targa. I know, makes me sad too.

A good cause. How are you using the car in the shoot? Cancer survivors in and around the car? Driving or standing still? Is this for a comercial or posters?

A good cause. How are you using the car in the shoot? Cancer survivors in and around the car? Driving or standing still? Is this for a comercial or posters?

I think the scene in question is at the end of the film. Someone puts "luggage" in the trunk, then some dialogue. Probably a shot of the car driving away, girl in the passenger seat. We could probably setup the angle so the owner can drive. Just a leisurely drive up a residential street. Of course, we may want multiple takes - so one of them could be just a leisurely drive, sideways, up a residential street :)

Hmm I have the S but no clue if your in Tucson or Phoenix.

Phoenix metro, and the shoot will be in Gilbert (I believe) around Power/Queen Creek.

Well, I'd be down to help, but my car is crazy silly obnoxious loud. Not sure how that would film. Elliot's sewing machine might work better, though it's a cancer awareness movie, not gay rights...

• 4 weeks later...

Bump from the dead. I've been away for awhile, and the production was moved out due to scheduling conflicts with one of the actors. They're set for production this weekend, and I'll still be doing sound. There is still a need for a convertible for a three hour window on Friday, 3/8 from 4:30 - 7:30. It's one scene, but probably 3-4 shots. One of putting bags in the trunk, some dialogue shots from different angles outside the vehicle, and a medium/long shot of the car driving down the street (into the sunset) from the rear. Thank you to all that have offered, and here's hoping the offers still stand. PM's incoming.

Well you will have to use a C1, C5 or C6 since the C2, C3 and C4 convertibles have no trunk. Good luck with the shoot.

Well you will have to use a C1, C5 or C6 since the C2, C3 and C4 convertibles have no trunk. Good luck with the shoot.

Thanks! I'm in for some long days :)

Wish mine was a vert but only for this one time. This would be cool to see your car in a show. :thumbs Great cause too.

Still looking for a car today. There's a chance the sun will come out and we can shoot this. I'll be sure to collect some good exhaust sound off your ride - should make for a great couple of shots.

How about a rat rod? Kind of a convertible...

Posted Image

Possible, but not likely - I'll check with the director. As it stands now, it looks like we're going to push this shot out another week since we need a sunset.

Definitely pushed out to next week. Still looking to put somebody's car in this flick - I should have the new date and time tonight or tomorrow, but it will likely be sometime Fri - Sun around sunset (4-7PM). Big Poppa, roneva, VenomOnWheels - if your offers still stand, we could sure use the car. Again, you'll be in the credits.

Set for Saturday, 3/16 from 4-7PM. Sunset drive shot. You can drive if you like, but we'll need the female lead in the passenger seat.

Final Effort

I lost my Mother to Brest Cancer in 85. So doing this would be something special for me. I'm buying Roneva's car tomorrow. See post #13 for a picture. I'm available this Saturday. Please email me if you are interested. Email. fxstharry@yahoo.com