NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Photo Radar In Phoenix...

MaNiFeSt

I'm in no way advocating speeding because it is dangerous, however i've been caught a few times already and its starting to annoy me :devil

77mph on the 101, got a ticket. was merely going with the flow of traffic. i later learned the cut off for the photo radars on the 101 is 76mph.. :toetap

so i went to the stupid driver reeducation class and finished it..

that was about 2 weeks ago..

this past friday, got caught again going through a light that was yellow.

you would think i'm an absolutely horrendous driver but i havent been in any sort of accident in years!

i consider myself driving modestly with this car and i'm still getting caught! what happens if i decide to really step on the throttle one day?!

if i keep up at this rate, i might have to sell the vette and buy a geo so i dont get anymore tickets.

Correction: if you got flashed the light was red. You may have thougth it was yellow but those cameras are pretty damn precise.

I have more sympathy for 1 mph over their arbitrary limit in a state whose law reads "reasonable and prudent" than red light runners. There is a far greater chance you'll cause an accident running a red light than speeding. My position is speed may contribute to an accident but red lights cause accidents.

Correction: if you got flashed the light was red. You may have thougth it was yellow but those cameras are pretty damn precise.

I have more sympathy for 1 mph over their arbitrary limit in a state whose law reads "reasonable and prudent" than red light runners. There is a far greater chance you'll cause an accident running a red light than speeding. My position is speed may contribute to an accident but red lights cause accidents.

hmm... when i passed underneith it was yellow, perhaps it turned red when i was under it?

i dont run red lights.

oh well, i guess i'll see what the deal is when i get the ticket in the mail

Guest Kens06

The red light sensor is about three-four feet beyond the crosswalk!

If you trip that when the red light comes on, you're getting your picture taken!!

You are in the intersection on a red light!!

I believe all those intersections are refitted with the LED signals so there is no lag time and the piezo sensors operate in millisecs!! I do NOT know if the rear axle alone will still get you??

I have heard rumors that some snob jurisdictions may have shortened the yellow light, but that is just hearsay no matter how true! :lol:lol

My .02

Ken

If it was yellow when you entered the intersection, it is my understanding that you have the legal right to continue thru the light as long as you don't stop. What did they tell you about that in the driver reeducation class? That is usually covered in each class. :bang

That sounds pretty bad if they are shortening the yellow light. It seems to me that it would be more dangerous. Maybe you got hit speeding in the intersection. Some of those have a speed radar along with the red light cameras. So even if the light is green, if you are speeding it will flash you.

Andrew

I just got in the Photoblock spray cans that I ordered for some of the members. If anyone that didn't post originally that they wanted one wants one now then let me know as I got 3 (I think) extra to get a better deal. $18.00 per can. Robert :burnout

The law says you can't cross the elongation of the curb lines after the light turns red. As Ken said the sensors are actually 3-4 ft inside of that imaginary line thereby giving you a small break. If you get flashed by a red light camera you were well inside of the legal mark. Unlike the human cop on the corner's reaction time these things are in milliseconds as Ken said.

The only jurisdication that has been caught shortening the yellow lights cycle was in CA. I believe it was San Diego but don't quote me.

If you were in Snottsdale and got flashed it might have been speed rather than red light. They have alot of intersections that are both speed and red light monitored.

Did you get hit by a red light camera or a speed camera?

Maybe you sped up for the yellow and got a speeding ticket instead.

I think Dan C. got hit by one of those in $cott$dale once.