NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

FIREBIRD EAST FEB 10th N E 1

SLAMMER

I was thinking of signing up for Sundays event. The east track is no Main track but has some speed to it and flows well. Any one intrested in going? SLAMMER

VenomOnWheels

I'm registered and will be there Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you all. Sorry I missed the Main track last month. I'd been fighting a cold for a week and it hit hard on Saturday. I barely slept at all Saturday night so I knew I'd be a safety hazard on track.

I'm registered and will be there Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Sorry I missed the Main track last month. I'd been fighting a cold for a week and it hit hard on Saturday. I barely slept at all Saturday night so I knew I'd be a safety hazard on track.

Yes, I had saved you a spot on sunday

SLAMMER

Sorry I missed the Main track last month. I'd been fighting a cold for a week and it hit hard on Saturday. I barely slept at all Saturday night so I knew I'd be a safety hazard on track.

SLAMMER

We saved you a spot today. It remained open the whole day :willy

As usual we had a lot of fun.

There was a big oil down which put us behind 1/2 hour. There were a bus load of cars in orange. Got alot of passing done. West is next month, March 8,9,10th.

VenomOnWheels

Following is the Facebook post I made about the day at FIR-East:

Yesterday may have been a celebration of the Year of the Snake under the Chinese calendar, but it was sure a lousy day at the track for my Viper. Okay, so maybe it was all my fault, but we posted successively worse times with each event. Best lap times fell from 1:06.74 to 1:07.83 to 1:09.18. I didn’t even bother running the last event.

Maybe in honor of the Year of the Snake I should take a lesson from the legend of the 12 animals in the 12-year Chinese Zodiac. The story goes that a race was held to cross a great river, and the order of the animals in the 12-year cycle was based upon their order in finishing the race. In this story, the snake compensated for not being the best swimmer by hitching a hidden ride on the horses hoof, and when the horse was just about to cross the finish line, jumping out, scaring the horse, and thus edging it out for sixth place.

Following that storyline, I could try hiding in the draft of a fast Mustang or Ferrari until the final lap and then . . . Nah, the mythological snake only finished sixth; at least my Viper and I managed a fifth in the second event.

Posted Image

SLAMMER

We saved you a spot today. It remained open the whole day :willy

I had an EMERGANCY call from Ca. (Home) I had to fly back to replace the water heater. Even with air fair and materials it was more cost effective than having a so called professional do the job. It was a shorty size and I got the only one I could find in a 75 mile search of plumbing supply houses. Disaster overted.

As the saying goes HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE!!

HAPPY SLAMMER TOO!!