NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Motor Install

Buccaneer

The new, new motor went in today and is about half done. I should be able to fire it up next saturday if all goes well. Stop by if you like to hear the noise... :lol BTW: I case you didn't know, this new motor is a 383. :thumbs

Cool that its back and in, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya this time...

383 ? are you gonna run down Jim's 84? :toetap

Thanks guys...Funny you should mention that Dwayne. Jim and I had talked about that same thing yesterday. I suggested we go to the track and do a side by side run. I also hope that everything goes well this time. 82 stroker vs 84 stroker, should be neat race.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is just about hooked up. Waiting for new valve covers and fan switch to arrive so I can fire it up. Hey Mike, where did you put the headers bolts and the stage 8 locks? Did you throw them away? :smilelol

J/K...I found them tucked away under some other parts. :banghead

Everything is just about hooked up. Waiting for new valve covers and fan switch to arrive so I can fire it up. Hey Mike, where did you put the headers bolts and the stage 8 locks? Did you throw them away? :smilelol

J/K...I found them tucked away under some other parts. :banghead

...so that's what I had in my pocket :eek:smilelol

glad to hear it is back in. Did you paint yet?

hope to see you around soon.

Michael

Glad everything seems to be planning out ok. I'll be glad when the day comes where i can fire mine back up. Let us know how it goes at the track when the time comes. :thumbs

The wait is killing me, I want to fire it up today, but it won't happen until this weekend at best. waiting for two parts to arrive.

LOL...Mike U-da-Man! Stop by for the break-in if you like.

The wait is killing me, I want to fire it up today, but it won't happen until this weekend at best. waiting for two parts to arrive.

LOL...Mike U-da-Man! Stop by for the break-in if you like.

When??? Might need directions again too...

I'm always out that way - can't wait to hear it! Keep us posted!

Will do! Nope, no paint yet, waaay tooo HOT. I'll be doing that when the temps go down a bit.

Ok...The motor install is done along with everything connected. I was going to fire it up on saturday, but I wanted to go to Phil's as well. So I'm going to fire it up tomorrow instead. Jim from the CFI forum said he'd come over and give me a hand since he's off. He just tweaked his motor in to pass emissions today so he's bringing that bin over also. Hopefully everything will go smooth and she will be running again. :3gears: More later...

Tom,

Just drove past your neighborhood earlier around 4:30 and was wondering if you were working on it.

Hope all goes well and we see you on Saturday.

Phil... :devil

Should have stopped in Phil. I think I was finishing it up around that time or really close to that. I'm crossing my fingers for sure that everything goes well this time. Jim wants to go around the block after we do the cam break-in for a quick ride...Maybe I'll sneak around the block, it's not registered yet. :eek

If you're going to sneak it out, make it Sat and bring it by Phil's. We'd all like to see it :thumbs

:eek Sorry, no way would I drive it that far over to Phil's, even though it's only a couple miles. I feel very leery about going around the block in as it is. The way my luck has been going, a Gilbert cop will probably be waiting for me to come around the corner and ask just WTF are you doing and then slap me with a nice fine.

I can wait a few more weeks to get it emissioned, registered and through some black primer on it so it doesn't look so bad as a multi color vette... :smilelol

:party Well, I started the new motor up and it seems to be great! Oil pressure was fine @75psi cold and @35psi warm. Engine temp stayed @ about 195-200 the entire time. No knocking or any other strange noises and that's a good thing. we swapped out the stock computer and installed the new moded comp and ran into a small snag. I'm a tad low on vacuum so we didn't balance the TBs or do any real tweaking yet. loaded the big cam and small bin files just to see how it would run seems to like either one. It was running a little lean at first, then wwe adjusted the BPW and now it's fat! LOL! Tomorrow Jim is coming over agian and we'll tweak on it more after we run the WinALDL to see what's really going on. Anyway, it sounds awesome with a very nice thump to it at idle. So, so far I'm a happy camper! :thumbs

I'll take a few pics tomorrow. Steve, You can run with us...you just can't use the bottle... :smilelol and leave us eating your dust! :chris