NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

1985 4Runner, lifted, cammed, locker, ugly.

Big Poppa

I have for sale an 85 4Runner. Built for off roading. This is my old truck that I sold to a friend about 12 years ago. I'm helping him sell it.

Engine is a 22RE, with an LC Engineering stage 2 ported head, Downey mid-range cam, header and a stand alone engine management system that has distributorless ignition and coil packs with a new computer. You can plug in your laptop and change the tune or make whatever changes you want. Runs awesome!! The block has about 80,000 miles, the head and cam have about 40,000 on them. The engine management system has maybe 3,000 since it was installed.

Suspension has a Marlin Crawler lift (7" I think) with all the springs having been replaced with longer springs, Bilstein shocks, high steer conversion, 4.88 gears, trussed front axle with diff armor. Sitting on 33" BFG All Terrains with good tread, has full size spare inside the back of the truck. Could EASILY run 35's, maybe 37's if you trimmed a couple spots. The suspension flexes very well, awesome for crawling through any of the AZ trails. The rear diff has a Lock-Rite locker. In the back is a brand new tow strap that has been in there for years, never used because this truck never gets stuck.

The truck is not perfect, but if you're looking for a rig that will take you anywhere, look no further. If you are not a Toyota and/or off road enthusiast, you won't like the truck. This is not a pretty show truck to drive on the street and impress the girls. This truck is built for wheelin. Get out into nature, and go explore anywhere!! Enough room for the family and your stuff, enough truck to get to the spots your Jeep wouldn't go!!

Asking $3950.

Chris 520-979-9889

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

He wouldn't happen to want to trade for a 2000 KTM 640 Adventure would he? It has about 3500 miles on it. Lots of goodies!

It's the blue and orange one:

Posted Image

I'll ask, but he needs cash to get his dog an operation or something along those lines, and he's like 5 foot nuthun. I don't know if he could get on that bike.... But I'll ask. What do you figure street value is on the bike?

I'll ask, but he needs cash to get his dog an operation or something along those lines, and he's like 5 foot nuthun. I don't know if he could get on that bike.... But I'll ask. What do you figure street value is on the bike?

I paid $4500 for it a few months ago. Clean low mileage 640 Adventures are hard to find.

I miss my old 4 Runner

Posted Image