NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Mcleod RXT

azz061

Well got the z06 back together and the new clutch is a night and day difference compared to the stock clutch. 1. Pedal is smoother and lighter 2. The grip is instant and no real slip required. 3. Grabbing gears is so easy now and no issue at 7000 rpm. This clutch makes the car feel alot stronger and i will break it in for 350 miles and then take her out to the track. I chose this over the gm LS9 clutch based on reviews and conversations with others that it is smoother and handles heat alot better than the ls9 setup does.

Did you go with a steel or aluminum flywheel? From what I remember the aluminum is 14lbs and the steel is 28lbs.

Well got the z06 back together and the new clutch is a night and day difference compared to the stock clutch.

1. Pedal is smoother and lighter

2. The grip is instant and no real slip required.

3. Grabbing gears is so easy now and no issue at 7000 rpm.

This clutch makes the car feel alot stronger and i will break it in for 350 miles and then take her out to the track.

I chose this over the gm LS9 clutch based on reviews and conversations with others that it is smoother and handles heat alot better than the ls9 setup does.

lol

I am taking it easy getting the launch down on it. Have a nice open lot by the house and i will spray some VHT and start practicing on it. Joe how well does this clutch handle 5000 to 7000 rpm launches?

.... does this clutch handle 5000 to 7000 rpm launches?

Stop it.......RIGHT NOW !!!!! :banghead

On another note, it will be interesting to see the clutch fluid after 300 miles.

You and Troy got the defective bleeder you got functional again, correct ?

Nope never installed the bleeder as Tick performance is a bunch of tools. I have to order a $10 part and then i will just install it later.

Nope never installed the bleeder as Tick performance is a bunch of tools. I have to order a $10 part and then i will just install it later.

Damn...that sucks. You know the job requires the bell housing to be dropped again, right ?

You should've contact LPM, CPR, etc. to see what they had in stock.

And stop the 7000 RPM clutch drop nonsense :scareddriver:

Not worried about it i will use a vacuum pump to suck it all out. Nope i told you when we line up shit is getting real. If i break i'll fix it.

Not worried about it i will use a vacuum pump to suck it all out. Nope i told you when we line up shit is getting real. If i break i'll fix it.

Breaking AND losing will not be much fun. :edward:

That's why I had LPM install my Callaway. :) It was good for 404rwhp on my stock LS3 and no tuning. It also drops the IAT's once I start moving a whole lot faster than the stock LS3 intake did.