NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

LS3 manifold porter?

Jon

Looking at having my LS3 manifold ported. From what I remember reading there are some gains to be had there instead of buying a FAST. The question is who do I go with? I bought a FAST 90 once that looked like garbage. It was supposed to be ported and it looked like a one armed blind man did the porting while tripping on mushrooms. I'm also thinking about putting Pfadt tri-y headers on it if I do this.

jon look at my post about the pfadt headers i just put up. also i have thread here with true independent dyno testing on our ported ls3 that show's the gain's it can make.

jon look at my post about the pfadt headers i just put up. also i have thread here with true independent dyno testing on our ported ls3 that show's the gain's it can make.

Link to LS3 intake thread? Who does your manifold porting?

Here is the link, and it's a local guy that does them for us.

I don't see a link. PM me maybe? What's the cost?

Want to see what a ported manifold does on a bone stock motor with the exception of a Callaway CAI?

I have a spare ls3 Manifold I will get ported we will do the same type of testing as the other car that was modded. If it picks up power you pay for the porting, if it doesn't we will swap your stock one back on. Regardless though you will be responsible for paying for dyno time

I have a spare ls3 Manifold I will get ported we will do the same type of testing as the other car that was modded. If it picks up power you pay for the porting, if it doesn't we will swap your stock one back on. Regardless though you will be responsible for paying for dyno time

What's dyno time going to run me for a couple of pulls?

$100 is what the shop next to me charges, they are super cool with me doing testing like this so it works out the best.

So $400 total?

On a totally unrelated topic, do you guys do fab work? I'm thinking of picking up that Precision 7675 from Nic and slapping it in my 2011 2500HD.

You are correct jon. since you would be a test car for a stock vehicle there will be no manifold install charge. also we partner w/ a great group of guys who do some crazy awesome fab work, i won't say on here who it is but parker know's who i'm talking about and will vouch for their work ;)

You are correct jon. since you would be a test car for a stock vehicle there will be no manifold install charge. also we partner w/ a great group of guys who do some crazy awesome fab work, i won't say on here who it is but parker know's who i'm talking about and will vouch for their work ;)

Let's do it. Get the manifold ported and let me know when to show up to swap it out.

They built the intercooler to throttle body charge pipe for my car. I am extremely picky and was extremely satisfied with the job they did.

They built the intercooler to throttle body charge pipe for my car. I am extremely picky and was extremely satisfied with the job they did.

Good to know. Thanks.

Let's do it. Get the manifold ported and let me know when to show up to swap it out.

I'm dying to see the results.....

I'm dying to see the results.....

Me too! It's looking like the dyno isn't going to be available until the 31st. Hopefully they can fit me in first thing as I work that evening.