NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Tranny Fluid Help

sundevil82

i got a 99vert and need to fill the tranny fluid cause i fixed a leak. so anyone know where to fill the tranny fluid in my car

The tranny has a fill hole. You'll have to get the car up in the air enough to get under the rear. Then take out the fill plug and you'll need a pump to get the fluid in. Checker or AutoZone have cheap pumps. Don't over fill which there is a tendency to do. Stick your finger in and if you can touch fluid it's full enough.

The tranny has a fill hole. You'll have to get the car up in the air enough to get under the rear. Then take out the fill plug and you'll need a pump to get the fluid in. Checker or AutoZone have cheap pumps. Don't over fill which there is a tendency to do. Stick your finger in and if you can touch fluid it's full enough.

can you fill through the dip stick or is the pump a nessesity?

can you fill through the dip stick or is the pump a nessesity?

I know I shouldn't make fun but sometimes I can't help myself! I give you $100 if you can bring me your tranny dipstick. If you can't find one then you owe me :lol:lol

Edit: buy the pump or maybe someone that has one here will offer :thumbs

a friend of mine is fixing it now. the hose going to the tranny cooler split in half and all the fluid drained out so he trying to fix it i not to machanicaly inclined as you can tell. thanks for your help

is the fill port on the transaxle or the transmission pan? sorry if these are dumb questions but dont know much about these cars and need to fill it to drive it back to the shop to have them redue it right.

I'm still new to vette world, but on other cars you can refill the tranny fluid from the dipstick...actually that's how my manual says on my GMC Sierra.

If they put a dipstick in the C5 it would stick up through the rear cargo area. The tranny is in the back, so no dipstick. No pinch, no pinch........no pinch. I love that ad!!! Man, I get off on a tangent easy :smilelol Robert :burnout

is the fill port on the transaxle or the transmission pan? sorry if these are dumb questions but dont know much about these cars and need to fill it to drive it back to the shop to have them redue it right.

There are seperate fill plugs on the tranny and differential. You don't say which tranny you have the A4 (automatic) or the MN6 (manual) so I don't know where to tell you it is. You can tell pretty easily as the tranny is in front of the differential.

Please don't take offense to our little humor. We were all new to this stuff once.

ok still havent found out where to fill it at any help would be great or call me on my cell 623-680-1186. need to get car home tonight to go to work tomorrow it my only way home.

Read Here

There are two plugs on each -- a drain plug and a fill plug. The biggest amount of time on the whole thing was finding the right size wrenches in the tool cabinet, and pondering the square hole on the transmission drain plug, until I realized it takes a 3/8" socket extension

Guest Chad@AZPS

On the automatic, the fill plug in the pan on the driver side between the door handle and the front of the rear tire under the car. The car must be running in order to put fluid into the pan. The 6 speed transmission has a fill plug on the driver side of the car that is mounted high. The drain plug is on the bottom passenger side.

Chad

Thank you eddie and phil for trying to help me last nigit. i had to the car towed back to the shop that worked on it this morning. they just called me saying its fixed and now just waiting for a friend to give me ride down there to pick it up.

Sorry I couldn't help more. Glad it all worked out in the end.

We've just got to get guys like Chad to stay up later. :lol:lol