NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

FNBADAZ06 has a new PB from Speedworld, and some video !

FNBADAZ06

Went out to Speedworld on Saturday to see if I could better any of my personal best in the car, and to run some grudge races for bragging rights against some mebers of another board I belong to.

Only one car took up my challenge...too bad the others didn't show cause they was skeered.

Mario has a built GTO, 6 speed, on a 175 shot.....don't know what he puts down on motor alone, but it runs and sounds great !!!

We agreed to make a single pass to gauge what traction was going to be like.....plus, I needed to knock the rust off.

My launch wasn't too bad, but I hung the clutch way too long (you can hear it in the video)....just too rusty at launching at that time, and my 60' short times show it. I had a feeling I would have to 60' Mario really well, but I didn't want to red light....you can see me and Mario posted almost identical reaction times. My 60' was superior to Mario's, and gave me the lead at the 1/8 mark, but you can see in the video and the slip Mario was starting to come on really strong...5 MPH better trap at the 1/8. My car really back halfs the track well, so I don't know if Mario would have had enough time to reel me in at the 1/4....I don't think he would have had the 5 MPH on me as he did in the 1/8 even if his bottle would have held on.

Watch the videos on YouTube in HD .....and crank up the volume !!!! :rockon2:

Mario vs Victor - first run, heads-up, Mario on 175 shot of Nitrous

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY7fOlh2hHU

Posted Image

Mario vs Victor - 2nd run, Mario on motor only and the hit.

Posted Image

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDJ-6xfi1D4

After Mario left, I had fully knocked the rust off my launches by my 5th run....started pulling my typical 1.50's, with an all time PB of 1.53 . After the 60' came around, my slowest time was a 10.92@128.12........ new PB on 60' and ET came on a 10.84@128.94 on a 1.53 60' time.

Posted Image

Saturday night, I had mid-track traction issues but still ran 4 runs in the 10.92-10.95 range with big MPH.

New PB on trap speed, even spinning the tires at mid-track.......129.99 MPH . I feel pretty confident I could've snuck a 130.3-130.5 out of her, as she was pulling like a muth fu$#% at the top end.

So, it ends with my stock clutch with 68,158 miles on it :

Best 60' of 1.53 ....I think that claims the number 1 spot on a stock clutch and engine on CF.

Best ET of 10.84@128.94 MPH ......I'll see where that ranks me in the bolt-on section of CF....without bolt-ons LOL

Best MPH trap of 129.99 MPH.

Pretty freakin' proud of those numbers....all done well above sea level DA :thumbs

TRaction issues....shut down short of 1000' and still ran 12.12@90 MPH :smilelol

Me and Tom lined up for a run, can't remember his car number that night but I think this was a 10.9X pass leaving not much over idle. I had the power this night to come around him at the 1/8th mile. Car was running exremely strong :rockon2:

Awesome! You going to put another stock clutch back in or do a dual disc setup of some sort?

Katech LS9X package that I bought a year ago is going in. Katech custom aluminum flywheel with steel insert and OEM LS9 clutch and slave. :thumbs

Awesome slips Victor! That 1.53 60 is ridiculous. :3gears:

Thanks, Dean !!!

I now own the fastest 60' time recorded on a stock clutch with a basically stock driveline, though the Fast List is not broken down to that specific metric...especially one with 68K+ miles on it :partygrnhat:

nice numbers Vic, wish I could have been there to run.

thanks, Dwayne.

RRBob also set a new PB of 11.71@117+ ......you'll have your work cut out for you :3gears:

So do you think my previous best of 12.21 at 3700da would have gotten me close? P.S. I'm 45 pounds lighter now???

So do you think my previous best of 12.21 at 3700da would have gotten me close?

P.S. I'm 45 pounds lighter now???

We had some pretty freakin' good air on Saturday, and people under estimate what impact weight loss has on acceleration. The combo of that air and a 45 lbs weight loss, with traction, I think it would've been very possible.

The old rule of thumb is 100 lbs = .10 ET reduction

yeah but was the air good enough to knock off another half second????

From your time as measured at 3700 DA ???? That would've been almost a 3000' differential....good enough for .5 ??? Don't know, but Saturday's air (combined with your weight loss)and traction would've given you your best chance at cracking that nut while running in AZ.

RRBob clicked off his new PB, and still was having a bit of traction whoa's.