NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

N E 1 Going to Firebird Main event

SLAMMER

Looking to see if anyone from ACE will be in attendance at this months ProAutosports event the 19th-20th the cool weather should make for some fast times as the BIG track configuration uses the entire drag strip as speeds near 150 mph for some before having to brake heavily for the Carousel turn at the end of the long straight away. SLAMMER

I'm a very big maybe....but it not's looking good. Inde next month looks more promising.

Victor make sure you get that leak taken care of. We don't want any more fires at Inde. Did you see convertibles were banned with out roll bars now at Inde. Guess I'm out?? The good news is I can still run at Firebirds main track at least for a bit longer. SLAMMER

Tommarrow is the last day for discount sign ups. If you haven't run on the Big track yet this may be your last chance. Ever!! SLAMMER Tell them Tim is your friend if your a newbie and you'll get a special discounted price. PM me for further details.

Hey Tim, I'll be out there, first race of the new season. Unfortunately with the work schedule the car is over at Leroy's getting raced prep'ed., replacing some suspension parts and adding a tranny cooler. Goodyear has stopped making 2560 tires for stock cars, the only alternative are Hoosiers...back to dialing in the car set up. See you then.

Lou I'll be there Sat and Sun. Looking forward to seeing you in the new Race year. SLAMMER

ANYONE ELSE WANNA COME OUT AND DRIVE AS FAST AS YOU CAN?

I may come out with my brother, he's visiting from Fla, car enthusiasts, he may enjoy watching the Slam man do his thing.

Bring a helmet and I'll take you or your brother on a ride along buddy SLAMMER

Bring a helmet and I'll take you or your brother on a ride along buddy

SLAMMER

Awe, frikkin SWEET!

Looking to see if anyone from ACE will be in attendance at this months ProAutosports event the 19th-20th the cool weather should make for some fast times as the BIG track configuration uses the entire drag strip as speeds near 150 mph for some before having to brake heavily for the Carousel turn at the end of the long straight away.

SLAMMER

What is the event? I've only gone to drags there.

Proautosports has 1event per month of road racing. It depends on which group you sign up for. Newbies start the first day with about 3 hours of class room information worked in between 4 20 minute driving sessions. The first one with an instructor. The second session is your option for an instruction and the third and fourth you're free to drive on the track by yourself. Everyone that I have had come down and go to the classes really enjoyed it and wanted to come back. The main track in which they're running this weekend really allows for the Corvettes speed and agility. You'll hit speeds near 140 mph at the end of the straightaway If you choose to push it. There's an ambulance and safety team that's always on hand at all the events. It's run very professionally by Pro auto sports. As a new driver I believe you get a free 8 x 10 picture of you and your car on the track SLAMMER

I might be able to get you a deal for newbies for $140 for your first.day of classes and track time. SLAMMER

Dale,how about you? Is your car ready?

SLAMMER

Got the engine and trans in it yesterday, fired it up this morning. Runs very strong. :Orange:

So, no problem being ready, but going to sit this one out.

I am refreshing the interior and repainting my 68 RS, so I need to stay focused on getting it finished.

Will be out for East next month.

Have fun!!

Feb's Inde event is 99% a for sure thing, and I am pushing the Vert rule so I will keep you posted. I just got my car back to street trim so I am out till feb.

VenomOnWheels

I'll be there Sunday running in the Green group. Tim: What group are you running in this time? Marco: Bring a helmet, seat, & belts and I'll give you a ride too. Or I could just Gorilla tape you to the roll cage. We'll see how that camera-on-a-stick works at 150 mph.

I'm also in the Green group. 9:10 am.Dale If you get there early save me a spot near by. SLAMMER

I'll be there Sunday running in the Green group.

Tim: What group are you running in this time?

Marco: Bring a helmet, seat, & belts and I'll give you a ride too. Or I could just Gorilla tape you to the roll cage. We'll see how that camera-on-a-stick works at 150 mph.

My debut taping lol