NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Damn Electrical Gremlins!!!!

Guest SrbijaAZSale

Guest SrbijaAZSale

So, let the fun begin. A/C shuts off when it wants to, comes back on when it wants to, turn signals stop working and begin working on their own....what is going on? Interesting note:

When the traction control need servicing comes on, everything freaks out, however, when the turn signals stop working/a/c cuts off, the tc needs servicing light does NOT come on.....help, anyone?

How old is the battery??? I've seen an almost dead battery do some weird stuff on modern day cars and still be able to start the car! :crazy:chris:willy

How old is the battery??? I've seen an almost dead battery do some weird stuff on modern day cars and still be able to start the car! :crazy:chris:willy

:agree:agree:agree

Totally agree---- My battery started my car fine, but drove my electronics crazy!!! When you get a tiny intermitent plate short inside the battery, sensative electronics (like the Body Control Module BCM) freak out and cause problems you never thought possible :banghead

If your battery is over 2 years old (in this heat) it would be my #1 suspect... I would take it out to the wood shed and shoot it :hunter

New battery $80-$100 --------- peace of mind->priceless

Make sure your battery has not leaked onto your wiring harness. If it has :ack

Good Luck.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Are you getting any codes on your DIC? I would check those as well.

Good luck and hope the Gremlins get taken care of for you. I hate those pesky little things!

27 codes folks. I went ahead and cleared them so I can start figuring out which code is which.

Alex

I have a silver 01 Z06.... Your 27 codes beats my 23...... You win, :willy but poker is still more fun :thumbs