NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Painted instrument Bezels

VetteSthetics

VetteSthetics

I painted the bezels on my car a few weeks ago and wanted to share how easy it was to do this. I got the idea here http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HY3Nkvz0oVg from Charles Mabry at the Prescott car show. Its super easy you just need to be careful not to break the clips on the instrument case or the lens. Additionally, (without saying) do not drop the case or interfere with the needles. Could mess with calibration. The bezels are super delicate so take care when removing. I found a razor blade was thin enough to pry gently between the base and bezel. Mine was harder because of my sophisticated, stuck up, hated on ORANGE pearl!! LOL! Three part process to paint everything! I cleared mine and got them are installed!

That sounds like a cool idea... hmmmm

We have just the machine to do it too. We just got a roll of that material in to make some windshield banners and will see if it can handle a material that thick. If it works out, I'm going to make a template and try it on my Z.

That sounds like a cool idea... hmmmm

We have just the machine to do it too. We just got a roll of that material in to make some windshield banners and will see if it can handle a material that thick. If it works out, I'm going to make a template and try it on my Z.

I am happy to volunteer my C5 Cluster for the test!

Great job on the paint. That's looks amazing.

We have just the machine to do it too.

Let me know if you get it worked out and put me in line for a carbon fiber looking one on a C5.

Highjack done....

VetteSthetics

Thanks guys appricate it! I am excited to look at my cluster everytime I get in. looking at the before picture it looks so dull now. :lol Dwayne I can do them if you want. just let me know. Mine look atomic without direct sun light. The more light coats you add on that paint the more the copper flake layers.

Thanks guys appricate it! I am excited to look at my cluster everytime I get in. looking at the before picture it looks so dull now. :lol Dwayne I can do them if you want. just let me know. Mine look atomic without direct sun light. The more light coats you add on that paint the more the copper flake layers.

Enjoy your tagline! :thumbs

I am happy to volunteer my C5 Cluster for the test!

You got it!

There is *ahem* a C5 cluster in your shop right now that you could use... ahem. cough cough... point... point....

VetteSthetics

Enjoy your tagline! :thumbs

When I wrote that I figured that buzz saw was coming! Too Funny! :facepalm:

More Orange, that's just what this world needs!! :facepalm:

More Orange, that's just what this world needs!! :thumbs:

One of these days you'll see the light thru orange colored glasses... :lol

• 3 months later...

Woot Woot! Thanks for the shout out on the video! Glad your project turn out well for you. I would imagine that your orange would be a bit more difficult than my ghetto fab yellow paint job I did haha. I have some plans to do a couple more videos... A carbon fiber halo for CHEAP and maybe a video when I paint my car...