How Is It A Firebird

Guest fasteddy

Guest fasteddy

As a relatively new resident of AZ can you guys give me the scoop with the "Rung what you brung" night drags at Firebird?

Typical # of cars running?

How many times can you run in a night?

Is it a regular tree or a modified street type tree?

etc. etc....

Thanks.

Oh, is anyone running Tonight or Saturday night?

Ryan

$10 bucks to get in, $7 more if you want to race.

Number of cars depends on time you go. I got there 2 weeks ago about 9:30 and there were probably 60-80 cars in queue. I was only there about an hour and saw some cars 2-3 times so they keep it moving.

It is a standard tree but it isn't "pro". Lights are pre stage, stage, 3 seperate yellow, and green. It is a .500 tree.

You can run as much as the crowd will allow, they start at 6 pm and run till around midnight.

You don't need a helmet (unless you are real fast) but I think they want you to have long pants on at least.

I'd love to make it out this weekend but between Auto X on Sunday, a boatload of schoolwork, and my wife dragging me to the home show, I'm about booked.

I'm going to try to make it out there in a few weeks though, want to see what the C6 will do.

If you go, post some times.

Guest intmd8r
You don't need a helmet (unless you are real fast)

Unless something has changed, you need a helmet to run 13s or faster - so unless you plan on your car staying in the 14s or slower :ack , you'll need one. wink.gif

Guest Kens06

Test and Tune friday!!

The gates and tech open at 6:00!!

13.99 and faster need SA 95-2000-2005 cert tag in helmet!

No open toed shoes, full length pants!

NHRA tracks all have two tree timing setups.

Pro and street!

Pro is 3 yellow, .5 sec green!

Street: 3 sequential yellows .5 sec apart to green!

The perfect RT is .000 on both trees!!

Ken

I was out there on the 4th.

I saw an electron blue C5 out there running 12.2 at 88 mph... :huh yeah right... a 12.2 should be trapping around 113 mph. so I was calling :bs

Then on his last run.. no suprise here, he stayed out of the brakes and ran an 11.8 but I can't remember his trap speed.

When the weather cools, Late September-ish thru April, I go every Friday night for street legal drags, :yesnod:thumbs

I usually live at the track in the winter... Speedworld usually does a better job at track prep, and you race during the day. Tech is normally not an issue at Speedworld.... Firebird usually doesnt like it when you run under 11.5