NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Mad props to Phil

anmracing2

Thanks for the info. Finally dialed in the Quick Time and it's only off by .004. It's in spec just enough to not have to deal with it again. I'm sure it would have been totaly centered if I didn't mess with the pins... :facepalm: What was I thinking??? Don't answer that... LOL!! M~ turned the crank while I did the measurements. Man what a difference!!!!! Now I have a Lakewood anchor. :banghead Had to get a new flywheel too... I hope I get this money pit back on the road again, some day.... :thankyou::yourock:

Good to here you got her dialed in! Did you wind up using offset pins or just modifying what you had? It's surprising how many people don't check it till it all comes apart on them. Oh and Phil's ok LOL!

Not cryptic at all, I have a Quick Time also, and is was very close. Not 0.004 close, but with minimal massaging, it was perfect.

Good to here you got her dialed in!

Did you wind up using offset pins or just modifying what you had?

It's surprising how many people don't check it till it all comes apart on them.

Oh and Phil's ok LOL!

Didn't need them... Spent a lot of dough to get a set of locking pins. I hope they will take them back. I was very impressed at how close it turned out. Phil said Quick Time is always close and he was right.

I didn't check it with the oe 4 speed but I figured that I better with the 5 speed.

I called Phil to make sure I was doing it right... He was surprised that I was.. LOL!!!!

Very cryptic, Andrew has a Mopar clique!

LOL!! Didn't want to get anyone mad so I didn't mention the MOPAR part... :rockon2: Joe Dirt would be proud of this car..... :smilelol

Posted Image

:facepalm:

Not cryptic at all, I have a Quick Time also, and is was very close. Not 0.004 close, but with minimal massaging, it was perfect.

I thought for sure I was gonna have to mess with the pins. I am totally stoked about this.

The hydraulic throw out bearing conversion and flywheel are due Thursday so I'll be under that stupid car this weekend.

:partydance:

I'll check on yer progress tomorrow :bang

r u planning to be vertical by 9?

I'm pretty sure he isn't even done puking until about then :drinkers

Been a few since I checked in.. Good to hear that it's within spec Andrew :partydance: I take it you left the motor in? Call anytime if you need verification of proceedure

Yup, had to bite the bullet. The flywheel arrived yesterday so tomorrow is test fit day. So my tranny will be in and out a few time........ :facepalm: Did I just type that??? Anywho, got lots of work to do on Sunday... Thanks again!