Auto X 8-13

TEXAZC6

Couldn't figure out why I didn't get much feedback about the AUTOX event this Sunday at Firebird until I realized that it was in the wrong section. :bang

Anyone else running Sunday? :burnout

Couldn't figure out why I didn't get much feedback about the AUTOX event this Sunday at Firebird until I realized that it was in the wrong section. :bang

Anyone else running Sunday? :burnout

I will be out of town until Sunday evening. Have fun if you do go.

I would go with you, but my vette is in the shop at Joe's. Hopefully all the new bushing's he is installing will help it turn better this fall....

Be sure to post here how you did, and how big your smile is.... :D

Guest XLR8TNC5

I have another committment already charged to my schedule, otherwise, I would love to come out. Soon though. Good luck and have fun!

I would go with you, but my vette is in the shop at Joe's. Hopefully all the new bushing's he is installing will help it turn better this fall....

Be sure to post here how you did, and how big your smile is.... :D

Four competitive runs:

They had time so I did four additional runs

48.597 (First run with TC off, spun it)

I was being way easy on the breaks coming into the sharp bends, better times came with more aggressive braking. The one run with TC off gave me fair notice that this thing is a BEAST. The computer did a pretty good job of keeping everything straight. I could probably get more speed and quick acceleration times out of corners without it but with street tires, it is very difficult to manage.

On a lighter note, I'm a rookie and my best time was within 3 seconds of the C5 Z06's that were there and 4.5 from the one C6 Z06. All in all, it was a blast but will be even more fun with some more seat time and cooler temps.

:burnout

Guest UVETTYA

Thanks for sharing. I'll bet it was a blast. I'd love to get my car on a track but I'm a little gun shy. I know I'd love it, and with my addictive personality it wouldn't take long before I had my life's savings invested in it. :cone

Thanks for sharing. I'll bet it was a blast. I'd love to get my car on a track but I'm a little gun shy. I know I'd love it, and with my addictive personality it wouldn't take long before I had my life's savings invested in it. :cone

It was a great time, I'm still trying to get the grin off my face. :D Although I'm sure it could get quite expensive, it all depends on you. The SCCA membership is only 80 bucks and each event is in the 20-25 dollar range. Some of the folks out there had dedicated race tires which according to the other vette guys there were about 1800 for the rubber and of course you need another set of wheels.

Good thing about solo II is that you only race against cars in your class so the Z06 guys with race tires are in a different class than I was since there is no way I could compete on stock run flats.

If you want to come out, I'd certainly recommend waiting until the fall, 5-6 hours on hot asphalt didn't make for the best Sunday morning but it was fun nonetheless. BTW, it doesn't cost anything to just come out and watch, maybe shoot for the next event to wet you appetite, lol. Here is the club's website: http://www.azsolo2.com/

You do not have to be an SCCA member to run, it just costs less per event if you are.

Here are some pics:

65124200.jpg

65124199.jpg

65124197.jpg

65124195.jpg

65124193.jpg

And a few more:

65124191.jpg

65124189.jpg

65124187.jpg

65123971.jpg

65123969.jpg

I can't wait for the fall to go again.... great pics, thanks for sharing... :thumbs

Where's the pics of the spin??? :toetap

I was a little busy at the time. :lol

The pics were from the competition only, I didn't spin it until the "Fun Runs" after the official competition was over.

Anyway, permit me the artistic license and you'll get the idea :yesnod

65124199smoke.jpg

I found one spy photo of the spin. :leaving

eeek.jpg

:toetap

That was towards the beginning, by the time it came around there were hundreds of shamrock shaped clouds around. :yesnod

If you squint your eyes my tire smoke looks better then yours..... :D

I knew I should have blurred it some. :bang

Guest XLR8TNC5

WOW< just seeing your pics and hearing your story wets my appetite to get out there and try this for myself. Soon! I am hoping tohave some free time on my hands around April next year (Ill be done with school!) and then I plan to play for a year or two before going for my MBA. lol.

Take it easy and thanks so much for sharing this experience!