NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ProAutoSports 12/8 at FIR-East

VenomOnWheels

VenomOnWheels

Is anybody going to ProAutoSports Appreciation Day at FIR-East this Saturday, 12/8. Only $40 for 4 full twenty minute sessions.

Orientation class and new member sessions are also being run.

http://www.proautosports.com/

Was a good time minus the a-hole GTR driver. What is it about GTR owners driving like sh1theads.

What happened ? :popcorn:

I was there, I need to decide if I am fast enought to jump to Green group. Orange group has some sketchy drivers in it. There was an asshole in a 300Z that would hold everyone up then drag race everyone down the strights. And there is a E30 BMW that thinks its a race group with the hard core passing and damn near bumper rubbing. Over all a good time. traffic is fun when everyone is on the same page. Once you get some Egos out there its a bitch. Videos.... Session 1

session 2
session 3

Was a good time minus the a-hole GTR driver. What is it about GTR owners driving like sh1theads.

Are you the guy wioth the built Z06? I think I heard you talk to some one about how it runs on E85?

Similar thing that GTA is talking about. Had 2 GTRs on track. One was driving slower, normal. Another one behind me was basically trying to push me off the track, bumper to bumper, diving inside on turns. I mean someone slower was in front of me, no where for him to go and he repeatedly tried diving inside on turns. I held my line though and he'd have to slam on his brakes. It's HPDE, not fender to fender racing classes. That's what I liked about NASA better, they police aggressive drivers better. Funny because last time I did a NASA even, another GTR driver (different car) got the boot because enough people bitched about him in the download session. Proautosports is a little looser and they don't do download sessions after being on track so issues don't get discussed.

Are you the guy wioth the built Z06? I think I heard you talk to some one about how it runs on E85?

Yeah, I have the black Z running on the corn juice. you're running e85 too aren't ya?

Similar thing that GTA is talking about. Had 2 GTRs on track. One was driving slower, normal. Another one behind me was basically trying to push me off the track, bumper to bumper, diving inside on turns. I mean someone slower was in front of me, no where for him to go and he repeatedly tried diving inside on turns. I held my line though and he'd have to slam on his brakes. It's HPDE, not fender to fender racing classes. That's what I liked about NASA better, they police aggressive drivers better. Funny because last time I did a NASA even, another GTR driver (different car) got the boot because enough people bitched about him in the download session. Proautosports is a little looser and they don't do download sessions after being on track so issues don't get discussed.

Accurate assessment proauto vs nasa at the hpde level. Unfortunately there's always the knuckle head who's brain disengages when he or she gets on the track track. At least you drove smart and brought the car home.

Accurate assessment proauto vs nasa at the hpde level. Unfortunately there's always the knuckle head who's brain disengages when he or she gets on the track track. At least you drove smart and brought the car home.

a E30 BMW that thinks its a race group with the hard core passing and damn near bumper rubbing.

Are you on about the white one? There was one in the Blue group that cut me and a few up in the corners.

I had to take it easy, my brakes were shot after the 1st session, left after session 3 with the brake peddle going to the floor and no stopping power, driving home with no pads and boiled brake fluid made it an interesting trip.

The next step is to flush out that old brake fluid and install some new 600* racing brake fluid. Next pick up a full set of aggressive pads for track use only. See my old post on flushing out brakes easily BRAKE FLUSHING SYSTEM GETS A 10 SLAMMER

Yeah, I have the black Z running on the corn juice. you're running e85 too aren't ya?

Yeah your car sounds strong. I also run E85. My bummer is I get about 2 sessions out of a tank. Its crazy but the insurance of having it is worth it for me for now. The next car will be a 91 car though.

a E30 BMW that thinks its a race group with the hard core passing and damn near bumper rubbing.

Are you on about the white one? There was one in the Blue group that cut me and a few up in the corners.

I had to take it easy, my brakes were shot after the 1st session, left after session 3 with the brake peddle going to the floor and no stopping power, driving home with no pads and boiled brake fluid made it an interesting trip.

Same guy we bitched about him a few times. I just don't want him around me. I can't believe Proauto allows him to run around like that.

The next step is to flush out that old brake fluid and install some new 600* racing brake fluid. Next pick up a full set of aggressive pads for track use only. See my old post on flushing out brakes easily

BRAKE FLUSHING SYSTEM GETS A 10

SLAMMER

Just took my old pads off and they were completely shot, one was actually down past the material, the remaing ones the material was braking of and plugging up the crossdrills. Picked up some Motul 660 and stainless brake lines, once my Motive power bleeder arrives on Tuesday I should be back up and running.

Also just got round to installing the Hinson Engine mounts, on removing the stock drivers side mount, there was split with the fluid coming out, I knew somethigh was up as tuning it with HPTuners, there was random knock above 4K that just wouldn't tune out.

I am looking to see what my options are to install an additional transmission cooler, I had tranny overheat during the second session.

Stevie I put in a DIWITTS Rad. and it heiped some. I ended up replacing the two fog lights for two B&M tranny coolers With that I saw as much as 18* drop on track. The brake bleeder kit that I used worked very well. The magnetic catch bottle made it an easy job. PM me for a great idea for brake cooling fans for under $80 bucks SLAMMER

Stevie

I put in a DIWITTS Rad. and it heiped some. I ended up replacing the two fog lights for two B&M tranny coolers With that I saw as much as 18* drop on track. The brake bleeder kit that I used worked very well. The magnetic catch bottle made it an easy job. PM me for a great idea for brake cooling fans for under $80 bucks

SLAMMER

Got the DeWitts in already, I think part of my auto temp is that the headers is goddam near (3/8") the transmission cooler lines, I'm going to extend the existing wrap down past the collector point.

Interested in the macgyver fix for the brake cooler

Yeah your car sounds strong. I also run E85. My bummer is I get about 2 sessions out of a tank. Its crazy but the insurance of having it is worth it for me for now. The next car will be a 91 car though.

Same guy we bitched about him a few times. I just don't want him around me. I can't believe Proauto allows him to run around like that.

I hear you on the E85. I usually add fuel after 2 sessions as well since i don't like to run the tank low. What i do is hit up the Valero at 44th and Chandler and fill a jug with E85. That way I don't have to leave the track to fill up between sessions. The station is only 10 minutes away too.