NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

best bang for the buck for the ls2.the trick flow 220 heads or ls3 heads and manifold swap

c6-na-killa

So what do you guys think is the best bang for the buck i have a c6 ls2 vette with a 6spd i have lg pros corsa sport exh varam intake my ride is in the shop right now getting a 232 236 cam installed and tuned i want to add heads soon what heads will give me the most power for the price trick flow 220 cost 1700. ls3 heads and manifold and rails and injectors i found on ebay for 1300 plus i will have them ported which probably 500 for porting so pretty close to same price which do you belive will produce more power on my setup

So what do you guys think is the best bang for the buck i have a c6 ls2 vette with a 6spd i have lg pros corsa sport exh varam intake my ride is in the shop right now getting a 232 236 cam installed and tuned i want to add heads soon what heads will give me the most power for the price trick flow 220 cost 1700. ls3 heads and manifold and rails and injectors i found on ebay for 1300 plus i will have them ported which probably 500 for porting so pretty close to same price which do you belive will produce more power on my setup

You might want to check G.M. parts house on the big board for 2008. Ls3 heads new. $475 with core charge.

http://store.gmpartshouse.com/parts/2008/CHEVROLET/CORVETTE?siteid=214638&vehicleid=1441009&section=ENGINE&group=CYLINDER%20HEAD%20%26%20VALVES&subgroup=CYLINDER%20HEAD%20%26%20VALVES

What is the lift, ICL and LSA on the cam you want to get?

Normally, the best way to select a cam is to match it to the heads, and not vice versa.

What is the lift, ICL and LSA on the cam you want to get?

Normally, the best way to select a cam is to match it to the heads, and not vice versa.

cam is a 232/236 .614/.600 111 LSA recommended ICL is 108

The exhaust lobe is intriguing to me. The heads he spec'ed seems like they would like a little more on the exhaust side. Maybe not depending on the lobe profile, if you can get that valve opened in hurry. Are these comp lobes?

Two snails yes youre probably right about that approach of mathcing a pair of heads to a cam but I know im not the first person who has upgraded the cam first opposed to the heads so I belive ill be ok I just need to find a good set of heads that will work well with my cam choice if you have any suggetions that would be great

All I know is that the cam im getting installed is a lunati cam that got speced by ed curtis and through CPR as far as comp lobes im not sure

Well of course if i want 570whp I would supercharge it but my goals arent that high for now I just want 500whp or close to it with a cam and heads combo. a basic AA kit will run me 4600 plus another 1100 for tune and instal so that route is not cheap. Well my cam is almost done getting instaled so the next afforadable upgrade will be a good set of heads as to which set I buy im not sure yet

All I know is that the cam im getting installed is a lunati cam that got speced by ed curtis and through CPR as far as comp lobes im not sure

You need to have CPR get ahold of Ed and determine what style of heads, induction and exhaust this cam is suited for. That will narrow your potential choices.

As far as not being the first to it backwards, I agree, but why? Do it right.

I will be sending my 243 heads to advanced inductions i here than one of the best machinist around there heads are proven to produce good hp