NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Free To A Good Home

Eddie44

We have two male Cockatiels that we would give free to a good home. This offer includes the cage, toys and any food that we may have at the time of p/u. We've had these birds for about 15 yrs and I believe I've heard they live 30-50 yrs. Our kids are grown and out of the house so they are just a burden when we want to go away for weekends or vacations. I've seen them for sale from $75-$150 so this is a deal. Let me know if you're interested.

Don't have any pics right now but they are grey with yellow heads and orange dots on the cheeks (the ones by their beaks smartazz's). I'll try to take some pics and post them.

Here's a couple pics I took with the camera on my phone

:( I thought for sure at least one of them was gonna look like this guys bird:

robert-blake-tells-u-where2go.jpg

:lol

Eddie, the daughter said thanks but no thanks. She thinks they will wake her up at night or early morning. :lol

Thanks for the generous offer.

Someone jump on these and take them off of Eddie's hands.

Guest XLR8TNC5
Eddie, the daughter said thanks but no thanks. She thinks they will wake her up at night or early morning. :lol

Do they make a lot of noise or something? How tame are they? Do they get along with other animals? Aren't you all attached to them anymore? How much upkeep are they? I wonder if my cats would like them? (TO WATCH, NOT EAT!!) ARe they temperature sensitive (meaning do you have to keep them indoors at a certain temp or are they acclimated to whatever you keep your house at?) They don't stink do they? How much do you spend on care and vet bills and food and cleaning, etc... Do birds have toys? Do these talk? What are their names? Male, Females? Do they mate? lol... Im just curious folks.

Im pretty sure Mark would tell me no, but Im trying to get all the info so I can maybe talk him into it. Im semi-interested right now. Then again, seeing as how I know nearly nothing about them and with all my questions, it may not be a wise thing for me to own them. LOL.

Tanya

Do they make a lot of noise or something? How tame are they? Do they get along with other animals? Aren't you all attached to them anymore? How much upkeep are they? I wonder if my cats would like them? (TO WATCH, NOT EAT!!) ARe they temperature sensitive (meaning do you have to keep them indoors at a certain temp or are they acclimated to whatever you keep your house at?) They don't stink do they? How much do you spend on care and vet bills and food and cleaning, etc... Do birds have toys? Do these talk? What are their names? Male, Females? Do they mate? lol... Im just curious folks.

Im pretty sure Mark would tell me no, but Im trying to get all the info so I can maybe talk him into it. Im semi-interested right now. Then again, seeing as how I know nearly nothing about them and with all my questions, it may not be a wise thing for me to own them. LOL.

Tanya

There names are CL (for chicken little) and Larry (Bird). Give me a break the kids named them 15 yrs ago

They really require minimal care. Feed them every morning and change the cage about once a week. They don't smell but do shed a few feathers now and then but most are contained in the cage. We have never had a health problem so they've never been to the vet. My wife gets their claws and wings cliped 2 or 3 times a year and the bird shop charges her about $20 for both but you can certainly do that yourself with minimal training. Larry was hand trained and would sit on your shoulder, etc but hasn't done that in years. I'm sure they could both be trained to be very friendly out of the cage but with two dogs I really haven't trusted them in years. They don't talk but will mimick whistles, etc.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to thank Eddie for the 2 Cockateils.

I was able to pick them up tonight and take them on a long ride to their new home in Gilbert.

Now the Catlett's can watch a movie in quiet. :lol

Thanks again Eddie

Yes it's true, the Zuniga's are proud parents! :lol

You're definitely welcome Phil, we're just glad they could get such a good home :thumbs

BTW if you decide to give them back just tie a note with our address around their neck and let them out the back door. As you can tell the wife and kids wanted them, not me :leaving