NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

FS: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT

Beetroot

My wife needs a bigger car with an auto for her new job, so I'm selling her Subie. It's an 05 Legacy GT with 5 speed manual transmission. 103,500 miles as of today but will be going up until it's sold. The car is spotless inside and out, it could almost pass for new. Still even smells like new somehow. It's very fast (maybe not compared to a vette, but still...), very fun, and gets 24 mpg city/30 hwy.

I'll update with more pics asap. Car is located in Chandler near Warner and McQueen.

$10,500

2005 Legacy GT

103,500 miles

2.5L turbo

5 speed manual

Tires have full tread

Cobb downpipe

Swaybar upgrades

Cobb Accessport tune

6 disc changer with aux in and factory subwoofer

New clutch and power steering pump in the last month

Posted Image

Hahaha you read my mind but I can't see the pictures at work. Also since I cannot see it at work... what color is it? :LolLol:

Ok after some reading up because I liked the thought of an AWD Daily I have a few more questions.

1) It seems common for these cars to have issues with the turbo do to oil feed lines and Wheel Bearings have you replaced any of these items?

2) Timing Belt has it been done?

3) Any Issues with the Electrical?

Those seemed to be the key points off Edmund's Review.

Found Car and Driver they seem to have had issues to but no mention of Turbo issues although they did not seem to get theirs above 40,000 miles. Its a funny read though:

http://www.caranddri...-term-road-test

Hahaha you read my mind but I can't see the pictures at work.

Ok now I have to ask the question thats going to make me a jerk... Kelly Blue Book Excellent Condition for a Legacy GT with leather, powerseats and extra options (Sorry I can't see your picture to try and mirror it) says 8735.00 and your at 10500. Not being an ass just asking an important question, why?

Also since I cannot see it at work... what color is it? :LolLol:

It's white.

KBB is nowhere near what these cars actually sell for. If you look nationwide you will not find a 5 speed GT going for anywhere near blue book price. I don't know if it is because they are rare or what, but they all sell significantly higher than the listed price. I paid way over KBB for when I bought it, and that was after shopping for one for months.

Ok after some reading up because I liked the thought of an AWD Daily I have a few more questions.

1) It seems common for these cars to have issues with the turbo do to oil feed lines and Wheel Bearings have you replaced any of these items?

2) Timing Belt has it been done?

3) Any Issues with the Electrical?

Those seemed to be the key points off Edmund's Review.

Found Car and Driver they seem to have had issues to but no mention of Turbo issues although they did not seem to get theirs above 40,000 miles. Its a funny read though:

http://www.caranddri...-term-road-test

The turbo oil feed line on this car has been modified... the banjo bolt or whatever it is that causes the oil starvation issue has been removed.

I do not know about timing belt. When I bought the car (6 months ago) I was not provided with any records, and I have not done it since I owned it.

The only electrical issue I've had is that the cruise control works intermittently. Pretty sure it's just the brake pedal switch but haven't checked it out yet.

We just did the clutch in this car and i can say this thing is in awesome condition! We were actually very surprised at the miles because of how nice it is. Especially underneath, drives great and whoever gets it will be happy.

Thanks Joe. It really is a great car... pretty much the same motor as the WRX. Previous owner told me it put down 260 to the wheels after the tune. Have not verified this. HIDs and heated seats too :)

Thanks Joe. It really is a great car... pretty much the same motor as the WRX. Previous owner told me it put down 260 to the wheels after the tune. Have not verified this.

HIDs and heated seats too :)

Cross, please do not discuss prices in for sale sections please. If you have a problem or think its pricing is wrong...PM's only please.

But Beetroot...heated seats? Really??? In AZ??? :smilelol

Hey heated seats are actually really nice out here in January... windows down with the seats on feels good!

Moved the non-forsale discussion. Everyone please remember to go to PMs or email to discuss the price.