NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

The Build that Didn't Last

PhilGS

It's been a while since I've posted and thought you all might be interested in my story. I ran my 2010 Grand Sport in Time Trials last year and decided to pick it up and build a race car. Starting with a donor C5, we built a pretty incredible hot rod. Phadt racing suspension, full roll cage, engine by Larry's Marine & Engine (Tucson), CCW wheel, AIM Dash, it goes on.... Long story short, I took 2 3rd place finishes at Inde in race group, then crashed the car on FIR Main. Total loss........ Look for the yard sale coming to you as there are tons of quality lightly used parts I'm going to sell. Now for the next build???

Sorry to hear about teh wreck, I know how it feels... :facepalm: However, I'll be eagerly awaiting playing buzzard, and picking teh giblets from teh corpse.... :edward:

At least you did it the right way with a dedicated car and also came out ok. FIR isn't very forgiving for sure. You should post up some pics of this. I'm bummed I missed the ride!

Phil, Good see you this past weekend, looks like you are healing pretty well. For those interested, Phil's race car had the best of the best parts and that engine.......brutally fast.. A great opportunity to obtain some race parts.....

Sorry to hear of the loss of the car. However, because you incorporated all the safety equipment, you survived and are able to build another. Smart move. :thumbs

I will know in a few days... But may be in the market for an engine. Let's talk... PM sent.