NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Dim A/c Display Diy - I Did It!

MOTV8

:eek Hey C5 peeps, if your A/C display dims or has vanished completely like mine, don't blow $500 at the stealership or even $200 at Fred Beans. I just followed the info and pix here, and my display is good as new, maybe better. :bang To get the dash/console apart just follow the directions here. Then use your soldering 'pen' on the resistors shown in the first link. Plug the unit back in to its harness and turn the car on to test it first, then reassemble everything. Took me about 90 minutes this morning, including several caffeine breaks/fixes. :lol L8R, Dean

Hope not to common of problem. :D

:agree That will be the next thing I see in the DIC instead of "service coll lock" it will

say "Solder AC Display" :lol

:agree That's a FUNNY Avatar... :smilelol A very interesting post on the light fix as well.

• 11 months later...

Bang, zoom...TTT for this sucker.

So I did have success in getting the display working again, but it faded back to black within weeks of the original post. :banghead I'm no electronics-welding robot. I say fcuk it. A/C still works, just have to cycle thru the modes to find the setting you want by "feel".

Fast forward, to this week. Some moFo calls me, says he wants his fixed, can I help? I tell him I obviously suck at this fix, but lead him to the how-to's anyway. A day passes, and this moFo has had an epiphany, why not have ChadC the electronics expert solder these f'n resistors? Chad?? Brilliant!!!

So, short story, long, I spent the morning in Chad's hilarious company while he put a craftsmans touch on my circuit board. It now works flawlessly. Thanks again bro'! :thumbs Good to see Tim there too, but nobody did any pointing. 'Cept at the mystery intake-black box on the Hemi. Weird.

Moral of the story, you can handle the removal and reinstall, just follow the first two steps in the second link above, however....if you cannot do fine soldering with a small solder "pen" then take it to someone that can. This is in no way an advertisement for you to suck up to Chad. :devil

:ACE:

HUmmm pencil pen, finger pointing, Hemi box, sucking up to Chad, All sound like an R rated flick with the good old boys. :thumbs Glad it is working.

I replaced mine a couple of months ago, but due to actuator problems...

(I wonder were Chad got that donar unit from??) :toetap:lol

Anyway, I ordered from rockauto.com and it was like $135.00 total...

Bang, zoom...TTT for this sucker.

So I did have success in getting the display working again, but it faded back to black within weeks of the original post. :banghead I'm no electronics-welding robot. I say fcuk it. A/C still works, just have to cycle thru the modes to find the setting you want by "feel".

Fast forward, to this week. Some moFo calls me, says he wants his fixed, can I help? I tell him I obviously suck at this fix, but lead him to the how-to's anyway. A day passes, and this moFo has had an epiphany, why not have ChadC the electronics expert solder these f'n resistors? Chad?? Brilliant!!!

So, short story, long, I spent the morning in Chad's hilarious company while he put a craftsmans touch on my circuit board. It now works flawlessly. Thanks again bro'! :thumbs Good to see Tim there too, but nobody did any pointing. 'Cept at the mystery intake-black box on the Hemi. Weird.

Moral of the story, you can handle the removal and reinstall, just follow the first two steps in the second link above, however....if you cannot do fine soldering with a small solder "pen" then take it to someone that can. This is in no way an advertisement for you to suck up to Chad. :devil

:ACE:

"Donut Face" Now that was funny!!! :smilelol

Marana Rich
I dont care who you are.

That avatar is funny.

Funny? I thought that's what it's supposed to look like when you wind out fifth gear.