New exhaust...egh...

NearlyGone85

So I bought this exhaust...Looks amazing with my FAVORITE tips...but I was a little disappointed when I went to start the car. It is quiet!!! When I bought it, I read that it is "subtly louder than facctory". But I guess I was looking for something a little more...noticeable. B&B and still claim a, 11 hp gain, but...I'm "egh" with this...

It's the B&B stainless Route 66 system.

Posted Image

20121108_195522 by NearlyGone85, on Flickr

Yeah .. We got that one too ... Just a bit more then stock .... Which was what we wanted ... But it's not what most want

Not the first time I've heard this issue passed about, so since you posted here's my assessment (please don't take offense to any of this): 1) Is in not loud enough for you when you're inside the car? If that is your basis, do you seriously want the drone of the exhaust loud enough it gives you a headache and shakes your fillings? 2) have you actually listened to the car outside of the car while its under acceleration? Be honest now, someone else needs to be behind the wheel while you standy by or drive along side in a different car. I bet the car is far louder under acceleration than you realize 3) what is your intent with the car? If you're planning on driving long, sustained, cruises I would challenge whether or not you really want a super loud exhaust with a ton of drone at 15-1800 rpm I'm not trying to bust your balls here, I'm just trying to get you to evaluate what you really want out of the exhaust. Chris is right, long tube headers will make the sound markedly different. If you just want "loud enough to piss off the neighbors" they you should've done Bullets, period. I think what you have is a great compromise between obnoxious and stock. Seriously, don't judge it sitting in the car, under acceleration the car is way louder than what you probably think. Just my two cents........

Long tube headers, 3" exhaust and Flowmasters. Of course the GM hot cam also helps, but that's just me.

Not the first time I've heard this issue passed about, so since you posted here's my assessment (please don't take offense to any of this):

1) Is in not loud enough for you when you're inside the car? If that is your basis, do you seriously want the drone of the exhaust loud enough it gives you a headache and shakes your fillings?

2) have you actually listened to the car outside of the car while its under acceleration? Be honest now, someone else needs to be behind the wheel while you standy by or drive along side in a different car. I bet the car is far louder under acceleration than you realize

3) what is your intent with the car? If you're planning on driving long, sustained, cruises I would challenge whether or not you really want a super loud exhaust with a ton of drone at 15-1800 rpm

I'm not trying to bust your balls here, I'm just trying to get you to evaluate what you really want out of the exhaust. Chris is right, long tube headers will make the sound markedly different. If you just want "loud enough to piss off the neighbors" they you should've done Bullets, period. I think what you have is a great compromise between obnoxious and stock. Seriously, don't judge it sitting in the car, under acceleration the car is way louder than what you probably think.

Just my two cents........

:agree x2

AND. . .Big Poppa's Vette is FREAKIN' LOUD in person! :wub

Guest badbobs95

Well, the SLP Loudmouth was so obnoxious that it made the house shake and had a lot of droan when cruizin around 75 MPH. It did sound like a dragster though. Good luck with your decision but it looks great! Posted Image

Thats not the only thing on him thats loud :LolLol:

But you can hear him coming from the entrance to the housing community no joke.

I spent a lot of time trying different exhausts just like Big GrandPoppa. However we do have different taste.

Mine has had the Corsa Touring, Magnaflow with Bypass, SLP Loud Mouth and the Borla. I have to say my favorite is the Borla but the Corsa sounded great too I just wanted the note lower.

My Exhaust has always been Headers to Bullets to X Pipe to Cat Back with the exception of when I bought it with just the SLP Loud Mouth...

The tone is always quieter but not stock until I get on it, around town it seems very tame but hit it and it sounds nice and mean. I have no problems with Drone and the only complaint I had on the Corsa was I felt the tone was not low enough I wanted the Growl more than the crisp clean sound. The Borla solved that.

I have never liked the Billy Boat exhaust it sounds as it promises and I just do not like it.

My :2cents

It is... VERY. But at this point I have the Corsa Pace Cars, which are pretty much just open exhaust. The difference in sound is very slight from when I had straight pipes. The Route 66 mufflers quieted it up a lot compared to what I have now, but they were still plenty loud by normal people standards...

Like others mentioned, listen to the car from outside and behind and see what you think. Also, don't mess with the mufflers until you get headers as they will increase the rumble significantly.

I'm Extremely Happy! with my SLP's Drone? It's more like angels trumpeting down the highway to heaven! Thanks B Bob!

To hear how good a C4 can sound, go to my photobucket listed below, then go to the album with the videos of the dyno pulls and listen to the first one.

Not the first time I've heard this issue passed about, so since you posted here's my assessment (please don't take offense to any of this):

1) Is in not loud enough for you when you're inside the car? If that is your basis, do you seriously want the drone of the exhaust loud enough it gives you a headache and shakes your fillings?

2) have you actually listened to the car outside of the car while its under acceleration? Be honest now, someone else needs to be behind the wheel while you standy by or drive along side in a different car. I bet the car is far louder under acceleration than you realize

3) what is your intent with the car? If you're planning on driving long, sustained, cruises I would challenge whether or not you really want a super loud exhaust with a ton of drone at 15-1800 rpm

I'm not trying to bust your balls here, I'm just trying to get you to evaluate what you really want out of the exhaust. Chris is right, long tube headers will make the sound markedly different. If you just want "loud enough to piss off the neighbors" they you should've done Bullets, period. I think what you have is a great compromise between obnoxious and stock. Seriously, don't judge it sitting in the car, under acceleration the car is way louder than what you probably think.

Just my two cents........

It's not that I want it to shake my fillings, I just would like it to let me know there is something under my foot. I know there is a middle ground between stock and bleeding ears. I have heard it outside the car and it sounds a little louder than stock, which is nice. And if I were planning on driving from my rear bumper it would be swell. I had a cheap OBX system on my previous vette and it sounded great! It was quiet enough to have a conversation in the car, but roared when I got on it. It was just cheaply made and the tips didnt sit right and I didn't want to have it like that again. I will do longtubes soon and then re-evaluate how it sounds. If it doesnt wake up I will probably be swapping them out.

Guest badbobs95

I'm Extremely Happy! with my SLP's

Drone? It's more like angels trumpeting down the highway to heaven!

Thanks B Bob!

I love the SLPs but I know my neighbors are glad to see them gone. I'm so glad to see you've signed up on here. Kind of a crazy place to hang out. Posted ImagePosted Image