NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Big Mouth Air Dam

1EvilC5

Just wanted to let everyone here know about the results I have seen with the Big Mouth Air Dam installed on my 03 Vette with an ATI Pro Charger set up installed. Incase some of you do not know what a "Big Mouth Air Dam" is, click on the link in this sentence.

Prior to installation, I was consistanly seeing 220 - 230 in normal driving conditions around town. Please remember that I have a modified cooling system configuration for the Super Charger system. I have a large intercooler in front of the radiator and condensor. Besides that obstacle, the radiator is lowered at a different angle compared to stock set up. So during the summer months, I avoided driving as much as possible to not damage the car by continually running very hot.

On few occassions I have gone on cruises with the club, and have seen temps in the 235 - 239 range. Of course this was not at normal drivig conditions. :burnout

So after installing it this past Saturday morning, I drove up to the Corvette Saturday Lunch around nootime. As for temps crusing at 65 MPH I was seeing 192 - 196 running in 5th gear. Cruising at 75 MPH in 5th gear, I was seeing between 194 -202. I think the highest I saw was around 212. I was cruising around 90 MPH in 4th gear for a short period.

I also cut our the plastic coves in the fog light area behind my Z06 screens. This is also allowing more air flow into the radiator compartment.

So far so good with this product. Installation on a scale of 1 - 10, I would say about a 5.

I'd say that's a better than modest improvement Phil. That's gotta make ya rest easier in traffic!

My temps are staying in the 190's, since replacing the beleagured fan, and haven't been above 225º in extended traffic back-ups with the A/C on MAX!

I got to see my new ceramic coated headers this morning - both headers and Corsa exhaust are going on the car tomorrow. I hope to have her back on Thurs. - can't wait to hear the difference.

Glad to hear you had reasononble success with the BMAD. See you soon.

Michael

wow,

I installed the big mouth and then also installed a screen to cover the radiator area. Like yourself, I also have the intercooler from a procharger.

I did not get results like yours, it took mine down to 208. But then I did other things as well. So I don't know which thing did the most. But it looks cool and the screen keeps the garbage out of the radiator area.

• 3 weeks later...

I am using one in my 84 as well. Heat has always been a problem even when the motor was stock. For C4 Vette owners it does work and quite well.

I am using one in my 84 as well. Heat has always been a problem even when the motor was stock. For C4 Vette owners it does work and quite well.

every time i look in the closet, i see mine - i need to get with you phil and have you walk me through the install

note - i will not be bringing it to detail day unless we will have a bunch of people detailing - then while waiting for my turn, perhaps we could take a look.

:bang

every time i look in the closet, i see mine - i need to get with you phil and have you walk me through the install

note - i will not be bringing it to detail day unless we will have a bunch of people detailing - then while waiting for my turn, perhaps we could take a look.

Bring it, if we get a chance we can put it on.

will do - it'll be in the "trunk"

:thumbs

Bring it, if we get a chance we can put it on.

Did the same 10 or 12 questions run through everyone else's mind when Chris asked for help with his "Big Mouth"??? :lol:lol