shout out to NicD and his tuning

phxcobra

Just wanted to give props to NicD. I had him retune my 07 Z this week. We had to stop increasing timing because we were running out of fuel pump. The final results were 614/542 (SAE). Nic said the car was still taking more timing and possibly we could have gone more but the car started running lean up top. Time to find a fuel pump solution...maybe the new E85 Walbro450?? Car has heads, cam, intake, headers, yada yada on e85. I must say Nic knows his way around LSx engines and HP Tuners. The throttle response is so much crisper than it was with the previous tune. The car seems much more solid in the mid RPMS as well. Will have the car out on the Firebird West track this weekend, should be fun. Thanks Nic! Anyone try the new E85 compatible Walbro 450 pump? Whatever I do need to handle E85. Also, thanks to LPM for the use of their dyno. Nice clean shop. Pete

Another NA E85 guy very cool! I saw those new E85 pumps from them too, I am in no rush to try them mainly due to the nightmare of putting them in but they would be my first choice right now.

Yeah, I'd prefer not replacing pumps but the a/f is getting a little lean up top. plus, Nic said it was still taking more timing and increasing power, but the fuel wasnt there to go any further. He doesn't seem to think a boost-a-pump will work with my cam and it's lack of vacuum. Are you running higher compression with yours?

Slightly, milled 243's. Basically just a Head's, Cam and every bolt on I could find 5.7L. (Stock bottom end just rebuilt)

Nice! If we had more E85 pumps in the state i would bump my CR and go E85 as i could only muster 540 rwhp from 91 octane!

Are you local in the Valley here? There's just enough stations with e85 to get by. Just don't run too low in case you pull up to the pump and they're out :banannarainbow: .

E85 is everywhere back home. Super cheap! It helps there's a giant ethanol plant about 500 yards away:

Posted Image

It's hard to come by here, and certainly no E30 :) Super Unleaded is cheaper than Regular. God bless subsidies!

who would pay more for regular haha

I'd pay more to avoid the ethanol in any grade. Give me straight 93 octane any day, rather than the 10% crap 91 octane.

I am in Peoria!

You need to get out more often.

I'm in Glendale right now, but going to Peoria, Surprise, Avondale, and Phoenix after lunch. El Mirage, Wittmann, Morristown, Wickenburg, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert, and Chandler are the additional ones on my weekend list.