NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Need a Helmet and a Fire Jacket

Two Fangs

It is time to get this thing to the drag strip and try to break some things. Where would you all suggest I look for a helmet and fire jacket? Are there good deals on CL, or do you guys have a place that you recommend? Thanks

UPR is pretty good.... (Ultra Performance Racing), and they are an Arizona company (Tucson is where they started)

Got my G-Force from Summit on teh cheap, but there is a helmet retailer up in your neck of the woods at 25225 North Lake Pleasant Parkway.

np, mind you, I have no experience dealing with that helmet store. I would send you to Helmet Harbor, as they are good peeps, but they are way over in Chandler iirc. Cycle Gear will do in a pinch. And check with Ed, he was advertising he has a discount hook up with RideNow stores but I avoid them like the plague. I have like 5 lids right now, so if you're just wanting to borrow one for a spirited weekend lemme know, save some dinero. :werd:

Thanks, going to try to buy the first part of this week, but if no joy, I'll reach out to you for a loaner :)

... there is a helmet retailer up in your neck of the woods at 25225 North Lake Pleasant Parkway.

Try to keep up Ted.

:edward:

I ahve been there (lake pleasant pkwy and happy valley) and they are good people you wont find a fire suit, but you will find a good choice of helmets to choose from.

There is a racers edge store(Simpson PPE) on Broadway and around 40th st. I dropped in there a few weks ago. They carry all Simpson safety equipment. You'll get a jacket there. Dont forget shoes too. Foddrill Motorsports on Olive & the 101 has shoes and some other stuff.

Thanks to everyone for their time and their suggestions. I now have a helmet, jacket, and even some nifty SFI shoes.

I am waiting on a couple of bottle brackets to arrive so I can securely mount my C02 bottle, and I can take this thing to the track and try to bust out a few 13's while I figure out how to drive it.... :facepalm:

At the very least you will let the smoke out and prolly generate a grin or two :) Always fun to let the smoke out :) -Frank aka GE

It is fun to let the smoke out. And as long as the smoke trails are nice, even straight lines, and not figure 8s or circles, I will be happy enough. :)

I would watch Ranger's video's online as they have helped me a ton. Also rolling out the clutch as Victor has taught me has me cutting 1.6 60ft's!

Thanks, Mike. With you and Victor and Tom out there on the 4th, I am certain to have an expert panel keeping me pointed in the right direction.

Cool! victor is very intune with the Z06 at the track! He is helping me alot. I can't wait for better air so i can stuff my car into a mid 10 second pass!

No buyer remorse here, she is the best!

http://www.professionalautosports.com/forms/pdf/driver_equipment.pdf

Remember it is your life/safety, you will get what you pay for, never enough safety equip.

I just got a new Crow 6-point camlock harness for $162 that's identical to the $250 Simpson I had that's now beyond the two-year cert. Simpson won't re-web, but Crow will re-web and re-cert for $50. They both use the same SFI belt material from the same supplier. Simpson $500 for 4 years vs. Crow $212 for 4 years.

I also got Ultrashield jacket and pants (SFI 3.2a/1) for $90, that carry the same fire rating as the $125 Crow and $300 Simpson stuff.

I just didn't want to pay for a lot of advertising and excess profit due to a popular name.