NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Opinion Please...

Bigfoot

I want to paint my calipers but am having difficulty deciding. I'm thinking about buffing them up as clean as I can get them, painting them red or black. I think trying to buff them up would be very difficult and way too time consuming. Any thoughts? I like red, but I'm leaning towards black and polishing up the "corvette" on the fronts.

What do you guys think? I'm terrible when it comes to design or color coordinating.

IMG_0005.jpg

Red works for me.. That what I did. The kit I got had came with caliper cleaner with it. It seems to work well with out buffing. Good luck. :D

I think with the silver they'd look great blk. I also say buffing would be a waste. Just clean them as well as you can. I'm thinking of doing mine in blk.

I did my Pewter Tahoe with some silver caliper paint. It looks good, but I think that it would look great with your Silver Vette.

I purchased the paint at Auto Zone.

:thumbs

I want to paint my calipers but am having difficulty deciding. I'm thinking about buffing them up as clean as I can get them, painting them red or black. I think trying to buff them up would be very difficult and way too time consuming. Any thoughts? I like red, but I'm leaning towards black and polishing up the "corvette" on the fronts.

What do you guys think? I'm terrible when it comes to design or color coordinating.

IMG_0005.jpg

Wire brush them and hit'em with bright red :thumbs

Guest racingchester

Used brake cleaner and a wire brush and caliper paint. Brushed the paint on. Sprayed paint into a container then brushed it on. No overspray that way. My .02

Red for your car! or hey what about Yeller??? :lol

:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Don't get me wrong...I love that yellow you've got...but on silver???

:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Yea like these!!! :lol:leaving

Picture144.jpg

on that silver car.... :crazy your nutz

Black is to dark.. its about contrast.

You have a silver car, with silver wheels ( close enough)

Red is the only way. While you are at it, buy some black High temp paint, and spray the rotors hats.

Yea like these!!! :lol:leaving

Picture144.jpg

on that silver car.... :crazy your nutz

Black is to dark.. its about contrast.

You have a silver car, with silver wheels ( close enough)

Red is the only way. While you are at it, buy some black High temp paint, and spray the rotors hats.

actually it's NOT about contrast, it's about putting your car together the way YOU want it - not like what someone else thinks it should look like!

i think the yellow would be a nice INDIVIDUAL touch and think it would look cool!

one more thing.....Red Calipers are like @$$holes - they're EVERYWHERE!

with that being said - guess what color my calipers are? yup you guessed it - RED! :leaving

there is a little invention you can get too (to "tighten" up those wagon wheels)

http://www.grantdailey.com/WWMakeover/

Awesome Togo. I like that "wagon wheel" dress up kit. I've been wanting to do something about those, but just don't have the cash to buy new wheels. I really may have to check those things out.

And I love all the inputs, but man, you guys are not making my decision easy. Except I think the yellow...sorry p51...it's out... :yesnod

green.jpg

I'm gonna change my vote. I like the green! :lol:lol

Maybe try purple :leaving

i say go with BLUE. Get more blue accents for your ride.;......

:agree I was gonna say "go with BLACK", as usual :lol , but I have to agree, blue would be cool. The black doesn't really pop.

I, however, will be painting mine BLACK! :devil

Cool thanks Chad!!! That red really shows up and it's hard to see them black. Still a toss up though. Except for that :U green, yellow and blue...

Might lean towards red as the black is hard to see. :yesnod

Black definitely does not contrast enough on a silver/silver car/wheel combo.

CEwheel1sm.jpg

Great shot LT4ME...Red it is...:agree

Guest intmd8r

I know the red ones are everywhere, but they look the best, that's why! :agree

I love red calipers - they stand out so well and they look good on most any Vette! :thumbs

Guest XLR8TNC5
Used brake cleaner and a wire brush and caliper paint. Brushed the paint on. Sprayed paint into a container then brushed it on. No overspray that way. My .02

DITTO what he said!

I used the G2 Caliper paint system on my car. I got the stuff that said for PT Cruiser (IT's EXACTLY the same as the CORVETTE stuff) just paid $11.50 less for it! lol...

Good luck with your decision.