NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

a friend in need selling a 1991 Harley Soft tail

08Z51

My neighbor is in a bad spot. He is unemployed from his truck driving job.

He applied and was hired to a trucking company last month.The day he was supposed to drive a truck across the country

the trucking company called him to reportthat he was fired, and pulled his DOT trucking license.

My neighbor is a 50 year old meth addict. I have been working with him, taking him to church and to a men of valor group.

He has decided to get his shit together and enter a 30 day inpatient rehab, which is a requirement of the DOT to get his license back.

Here is where the problem arises. The cost of the program is $6100

What he would like to do is sell his bike for the $6100, with the option to buy it back once he gets through rehab and gets his DOT license back

When he gets his license back, he can start driving again.

I know this sounds like a far fetched plan, but I believe this man is serious and could really use a break.

I have several pictures of the bike but cannot seem to get them posted properly. I will get them posted asap, or

PM me and we can exchange e-mail address. ****added pictures for ya Rob*****

Rob.

1991 custom Harley Springer Softtail.

20781 original miles

Minor performance mods,

Corbin seat

S&S Carb

Chrome Springer front end

Chrome swing arm

lowered

Cobra drag pipes.

Define option to buy it back. I want a cruiser now that I have had a street bike and well I have no clue if I will like a Soft Tail but it does sound like the guy could use a break. I need to see just what were talking about here is this a temp loan basically and I just get the fun of owning the bike for awhile and he buys it back, or is he not likely to buy it back? Just curious as to the detail outlines I guess. Either way I don't mind chipping in some cash to help him even if I choose not too. Can't say I have ever been in that particular spot but well I have needed help and gotten it before.

I think he is really gonna get his stuff together. He has already detoxed himself last week in preparation for the rehab. It was a tough week for him. Once he gets a job, he will be able to buy his bike back, so you are correct he really does not want to part with his bike, but a guy has to do what he has to do. He has no other means to get into the rehab program. PM me with your phone number and I will call you back to discuss. Rob

Cross, I'll call ya later. Might be in the morning depending on how happy hour goes. Thanks. Rob