NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Repair Shops In Phoenix/scottsdale

Guest Steve Mulvey

Guest Steve Mulvey

I posted this message on the Corvette forum and received no responses. P51tj suggested I come here so...

Greetings

I would appreciate tapping the group's experience with shops that do the following:

1. wiring.. I have a lot of splices and would just rather rewire the whole car as opposed to metering the mess

2.. suspension.. who can install new stuff and make one of these cars sort of turn?

3. Upholstery.. I have some flaws and would like to switch from the plastic seats to leather as I find I am losing too much weight due to perspiration...also causes huge food bills, endless iced drinks etc..

As an aside, my car has the original boat anchor 327 engine and 4 speed trans which I intend to swap for a 383 and TKO 600. Where would be a good place to sell the engine? I presume someone would want it? 1963 date code block with 83,000 original miles. I am only the third owner of this car which was registered first in Arizona in late 1963.

Needless to say ,I am new to the Corvette thing and would appreciate the help. I have admired these cars since they were introduced and have finally bought one now that they have all of the bugs out....

Oh, it is a c2 convertible, I should have mentioned that at the top probably.

Regards

Steve

Steve,

Let me start off by saying Welcome to ACE! Here are a couple of places that ACE folks go to to get things done on their cars. If one can't do it all they will refer you to someone that will.

-ADS

6835 W. Chandler Blvd

Chandler, AZ 85226

(480) 961-8704

http://www.adsaz.biz/

-Doug Bromley (480) 390-2652

-ACE Member SLORYDE

-Mike and Chad @ http://www.azpowerandsound.com also ACE members

- and of course can't forget about our own links page. http://arizonavette.net/links.htm

Hope this helps a little and I'm sure others will chime in, especially with some INTERIOR responses, for I forget where Eddie and a few others had their seat redone.

As an aside, my car has the original boat anchor 327 engine and 4 speed trans which I intend to swap for a 383 and TKO 600. Where would be a good place to sell the engine?

i don't know where to sell it - but.....

I have a forged 383 for sale you can read about HERE

for wiring....i'm not sure - ADS has had a couple SWEET C2s in their garages the last time or 2 i was there - so they might be of assistance - but as far as "whole car wiring" that could get expensive

Phil is our resident upholstery expert (1EvilC5) i'm sure he can point you in the direction on where to get new "leathers" and may be able to assist with the install.

Guest SrbijaAZSale

I have used (and only trust) Chick's Auto Repair in Mesa. He has done me right every time. He has touched everything from my 69 Caddy to my Vette. Fair prices, a real mechanic, in business for over 30 years.

Guest Steve Mulvey

Wow!

Thanks for the immediate response guys! I can see that this is a great group of car guys. This is a real welcome!

I will check with those shops and the links

Thanks again

Steve

I have used (and only trust) Chick's Auto Repair in Mesa. He has done me right every time. He has touched everything from my 69 Caddy to my Vette. Fair prices, a real mechanic, in business for over 30 years.
do you mean chuck's auto - as in chuck sinden?

Guest SrbijaAZSale
do you mean chuck's auto - as in chuck sinden?

Nope, I meant Chick's Auto Repair. The guy is a phenomenal mechanic (if a bit old school), but he's amazing. Even does powdercoating there....

Chicks Auto Repair 1015 W 1st Ave

Mesa, AZ 85210 - 8401

(480) 610-6940

Guest Ricmin

If it is the original numbers matching engine, I would just seal it up and put it away with the tranny..

After all it is a 63.

Guest Steve Mulvey
If it is the original numbers matching engine, I would just seal it up and put it away with the tranny..

After all it is a 63.

Actually the car is a 64 but built in 63. I do not have a place to keep old engines and transmissions...

Good thought though...