NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Firebird is closing March 2013

Final Effort

I know I am new here but my participation with NASA AZ has me wanting to know the facts. The only fact at this time is Charlie Allen is out. Rumors include: Charlie Allen has a new facility in Casa Grande that will be ready for 2014. (According to the article where he mentioned this location that he is studying, it wouldn't be ready till 2015 if he decided to build) Lucas Oil taking over lake and dirt track. GRIC announcing plans to continue track operations without Charlie Allen. NHRA optimistic of date in 2014 without Charlie Allen. Anything can happen in the next 6 months.

I heard yesterday the Casa Grande deal fell through ..... again ... only a rumor .....

I'm not surprised. Anyone who would build anything on indian land is taking a chance.

DING!DING!DING!

every time I have an interaction (or my clients) with something on Indian land it has be a nightmare.

And the "white man" has treated every Indian transaction above reproach?

Nobody forces anybody to hop in bed with the Indian's. My guess is that land would make the EPA shrivel up with all the chemical spills from the racers

Juts my two cents

I just got off the phone with my track rep. At this point the deal is that the tribe is going to take over the track and try to manage and run it. Basically they are stealing $20M in infrastructure by choosing not to renew his lease. If this indeed happens, I will never set foot there again. The tribe has already reached out to the main track event promoters in an attempt to keep the venue. My guess is that it won't bode well and they will try to get Charlie to run it. If they do, I hope he tells the to go F themselves.

At this point the deal is that the tribe is going to take over the track and try to manage and run it. Basically they are stealing $20M in infrastructure by choosing not to renew his lease.

I would think there would be something in the lease language that would protect him regarding "tenant improvements" .... with that could be some legal grounds to recoup .... at least some of the investment .... :bs

Wouldn't you be surprised if he did sign on without it ???? :huh

Still a lot we don't know on the legalize side ..... Hopefully we can learn more before we roll out there singin songs and carryin signs .... (( oh wait ... we'd have to smoke somethin first ... right ?? )) :lol

I just hope it gets worked out :burnout ...... and no one looses their scalp in the process .... :eek

Knowing commercial leases a little, they will get no reimbursements... Dang Indiangivers

Knowing commercial leases a little, they will get no reimbursements... Dang Indiangivers

^^^^Yeah, this^^^^^It's the risk anyone who builds, develops, and improves on leased property assumes. I wouldn't be so quick to bash the tribe here, go lease office space in this town, put a bunch of money into it, and then see what compensation the owners give you when they won't re-up your lease after you've been a PITA tenant. I did work for FB years ago, wouldn't make that mistake again, ever.

Bromley's Corvettes

My dad did some work for FB years ago and never got paid. $2860.00 We have also heard from others that never got paid.