NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Firebird vs Speedworld

Down

What are you guys' opinion on these 2, specifically for test n tune nights? I've been to Firebird a couple times now and it didn't seem (I could be wrong) to stack up very well in track prep to a small little track I frequented back when I lived in KC. I was kinda surprised by that, as i figured it'd be hands and fists above anything I'd ever driven on before so I got to figuring it was just me. The other day I was talking to a fellow C5Z owner though who was very outspoken about his disappointment with Firebird and his approval of Speedworld. As a self professed terrible driver, I need all the help I can get and I'm wondering whether the trek out to Speedworld might show some appreciable improvement.

Bromley's Corvettes

FireTurd has always sucked for prep on TnT nights. The only time to run a fast street car is when other fast cars are running. Like big tire race cars running 9s and faster then they prep the track. They have never cared about street tire cars only cars running slicks. Track prep cost $ and the track owner is super cheap lol. Most everyone runs faster at SpeedWorld.

FireTurd has always sucked for prep on TnT nights. The only time to run a fast street car is when other fast cars are running. Like big tire race cars running 9s and faster then they prep the track. They have never cared about street tire cars only cars running slicks. Track prep cost $ and the track owner is super cheap lol. Most everyone runs faster at SpeedWorld.

by a half a second on average I'm told..although I don't believe it.

Speedworld has also been friendly (within reason) on 'club' days to those of us with cars that don't necessarily fit within the framework of NHRA safety rules. I understand the tracks need to manage risk and comply with insurance regs, but it is nice to not get kicked off after just two passes! :yesnod Queue the Tom flammage for not putting one of his rollbars in the vert! :gun3:

It would seem that there is a consensus forming in support of SW, lol. I know that off the line it sure seemed that the roads east of the 101 and south of Talking Stick sure seemed to hook better than the track did and I didn't even really notice anyone driving through the water and tracking it up to the line. While it very well may not have been a result of track prep, I know the first run I made at Furebird where my ass end came way out going into 4th sure puckered me up though. I was not prepared for that in a stock car.

SW is not always great about track prep, but you can almost always get 4 passes and sometimes 20 if you want. I've been to FB and got only 2 passes in 4 hours more than once. I've never had more than 4 there.