NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Catch Can

JLs Mistress

JLs Mistress

When I first joined the Forum I asked about mounting my Catch can . Finally completed the project I was waiting on installing my Ram air set up first so I would have the space to mount the CC in the area the stock Air box was . . Also had machinist fabricate billet mounting bracket .. Thought you might like to see how this turned out . The mounting bracket turned out to be the coolest part of this . Can't even see the bolt that holds the bracket to the head. Because he drilled the hole in the center of the bracket then counter bored the hole so the bolt head is recessed in the bracket ...I wanted the CC in the open so I would have easy access ... The CC is a BT brand I have used these for years on my SRTs They work at least on the SRTs hope they do on the Vette.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

sweet! Keep us posted on how much oil you drain out of it, curious how much the LS3 blows out.

JLs Mistress

Will update ....I know the factory line I replaced had a small amount of oil .. After 1 week , had would looks like one or two drops ...If this was my SRT the bottom of the cup would be covered by now. I would think the LS3 if it does anything it's only under full acceleration? When I removed the TB there was only a light coating of oil You could not see it .no build up or visibly signs of oil but there is only 14k on the car ...

That mount would probably cost $500 from any other machine shop. It's the slickest one I've ever seen. :thumbs You owe Cliff bigtime.

I would think the LS3 if it does anything it's only under full acceleration?

I should probably get one then.... :bolt:

JLs Mistress

That mount would probably cost $500 from any other machine shop. It's the slickest one I've ever seen. :thumbs You owe Cliff bigtime.

Howard not Clif . Howard takes very could care of me it's pay back for helping Howard install his Super Charger and Coil overs ... By the way after installing the SC (Kenny Bell} He was advised to check his CC every 500 miles and boy were they right on under boost it blows oil big time ... Relax everyone that a Mopar not a Corvette...

Up date

I removed the CC today see how much oil I had , as you can see in the photos just enough to cover the bottom . This is in about 250-300 miles ....If this was my SRT there would have been about 1/8 inch ....My install is going thru the PVC system only . I guess there are other ways to install ...

I did not empty the can because I want to see how much I have in 1000 miles .....

Posted Image

Posted Image

After running the Mondo at firebird track last weekend, I had about the same amount of oil as above pic. In the previous 6 weeks of daily driving, there was nothing

I guess this would be about normal for the LS3 . I have been driving the car hard just to see what might happen ....

I guess this would be about normal for the LS3 . I have been driving the car hard just to see what might happen ....

Sure is better in the can rather than making your intake manifold and heads all oily

Looks about what my 98 with an LS1 would have, guess I should look into adding one. Where did you get the bracket from :lol

Looks about what my 98 with an LS1 would have, guess I should look into adding one.

Where did you get the bracket from :lol

It's one of those .... If I told you ..... I would need to Kill you... type things :hunter

That's ok, I was going through my box of goodies and I have an old pair of chop stix, 3 feet of bailing wire, a ball of used duct tape, 3 pull tabs from coke cans, and a bottle of warm beer... I'll just make one myself!

That's ok,

I was going through my box of goodies and I have an old pair of chop stix, 3 feet of bailing wire, a ball of used duct tape, 3 pull tabs from coke cans, and a bottle of warm beer...

I'll just make one myself!

The 'A' team used chewing gum, so don't forget that

That's ok,

I was going through my box of goodies and I have an old pair of chop stix, 3 feet of bailing wire, a ball of used duct tape, 3 pull tabs from coke cans, and a bottle of warm beer...

I'll just make one myself!

You could do it with that. :yesnod

• 8 months later...
JLs Mistress

update

After 2600 miles I removed the CC too see how much oil it had . I measured 3/8 of a inch. As you can see from the photos the CC is not that big so s 3/8 of a inch is not a lot of oil . On the other hand is does show there would be oil going into the TB without the Catch Can ...I will leave it up to you to decide if one is needed or not ....

I do know one thing, that is the coolest catch can mounting bracket in the history of catch can mounting brackets.

JLs Mistress

I agree Mr Parker the down side is the bracket should not cost more than the CC. Also I have no place to mount the SC now LOL

Making a new bracket is easy enough.

I don't think CCs are needed. Don't want to get into a big argument but that is my opinion.

Making a new bracket is easy enough.

I don't think CCs are needed. Don't want to get into a big argument but that is my opinion.

There are many folks here who agree. With the latest PCV baffle design, I agree that they are not needed. That vaporized oil gets evacuated faster than it has time to collect.

JLs Mistress

GREAT, if I remove the CC what do I do with the bracket :smilelol