NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Clear, oily fluid puddle under car. Smells like fish...?

Beetroot

I drove home from work today, parked in my garage, then ran some errands in my other car. When I returned home I found a puddle under my Corvette. It's completely clear fluid and feels like very very thin oil, like air tool oil. The puddle ran the length of the car from under the engine to the rear tires. My entire garage smells like fish. I thought maybe my a/c condenser hadn't been draining and it finally cleared and dumped a bunch of water out, but that doesn't explain the oily feel. If it was coolant it wouldn't be clear or oily. My brake fluid reservoir is completely full. Anyone know what this is?

Look around for a copy of "50 Shades of Gray" in the garage and signs of a Tupperware party.

You check power steering

Yeah, full to the top.

Look around for a copy of "50 Shades of Gray" in the garage and signs of a Tupperware party.

LOL.

Gross.

I know I know you ran over a bottle of fish oil tablets. It could happen! I'm not really any help Am I? SLAMMER

AC condensation. It's got an oily film from road grime where it dripped from.

did you talk dirty to a woman with no legs?

.........yea I went there.. deal with it.

:LolLol:

All of my fluids seem to be full, so I'm going to assume it's ac water that had some oily residue in it or something. I still haven't driven the car...if I feel my brakes or clutch go out that might change my mind.

Is it directly in line with the screw of the garage door opener?

I have a chain drive.

I think it has to be condenser water runoff that just got oily from under hood oily stuff. I don't know about the fishy smell...

it sounds like condensation, maybe the smell and oily feel from mildew? i dont want to send an alarm but, sometimes coolant has a bad smell that could be related to seafood.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if the new vettes have oil filled motor mounts but that is exactly how I would describe the oily puddle I found under my Audi when the motor mount went.

A friend had a beef with someone and stuck a fish under his seat, check under your hood, perhaps someone stuck one in there somewhere? heh heh

Had the same problem when I drove up to prescott this summer, it was from the air conditioner. Move it to another position and see if it still does it.

Oh for the record it was coolant. There is a little hose off the top of the radiator that warms up the throttle body or something like that...that hose had come loose and rubbed on the belt, leaving a tiny hole. I'd never changed the fluid since I bought the car, must have been very old. I fixed the hose and replaced the coolant.

A friend had a picture of his beef and sent it to me once, heh heh

.....*Snicker* :LolLol:

---------------------------------------------------------:hunter