NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

2011 Grand Sport build

joe@cpr.com

Well a few days ago we finished this build on a 2011 Grand sport w/ 11k on it. car put down on the 4th pull in 102 degree weather and iat's hitting 175, 514 rwhp 487 rwtq. this thing was heat soaking like crazy as all the pulls were back to back. When cooled down it pulls hard as hell and does so consistently since it can cool off easier while moving.

Parts installed

Edelbrock E-force supercharger 599 kit (includes new Z06 fuel pump)

Custom ed curtis cam and supporting valve train (drives like stock)

American Racing 1 7/8 long tubes w/ cats

Mcloed RXT clutch w/ aluminum flywheel

Tick Remote bleeder line

New Nitto Invo's 275 front 345 rear

Here are some of the pics and video, I have a bunch more on my camera that i'll get uploaded soon though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

^video

Posted Image

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c16/jjcmotorsports/IMG_0689.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c16/jjcmotorsports/IMG_0749.jpg

I thought (assumed?) a lot of the newer gran sports already came with the Z06 pump installed. It was a business decision, from GM to stream line the amount of part numbers and number of parts on the shelves.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought (assumed?) a lot of the newer gran sports already came with the Z06 pump installed.

It was a business decision, from GM to stream line the amount of part numbers and number of parts on the shelves.

A common misconception, getting that pump out is a pain in the ass

If you didnt have to do that and pin the crank, the install is a super easy

Doing the cam is something I wish I had done, if only I could find someone who will the install for a good price, Due to the issues I had with the valley plate oil leak, I've been able to remove the SC and reinstall within 4 hrs by myself

Dyno tuning with Large Supply fans is essential for tuning the Eforce, I've been doing mine gradually on the road with HP Tuners, that way I'm getting a true reading all the time, albeit it takes a long time.

well the pump was not a z06 pump,the power is realy good as for the rest you guys will have to see for yourself,I will say that joe is a trooper this build has fought him and me the whole way he did not give up and i have never seen better work. :banghead:cheers:yourock:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.