NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Inside Passenger Side Leak *update*

GoNSyco

I'm getting a leak in the passenger side footwell and can't figure out where it's coming from. I checked the udders along the firewall and even pulled the entire tube out on the drivers side and they are clear of debris. I pulled the plastic cover off the AC cover underneath the dash and noticed a random hose that doesn't connect to anything. It's about 1/4 inch, so pretty big, and comes from the AC cover (not the unit but the plastic case holding it in place) into the car and doesn't attach to anything. That is also the area where the water is coming from, the foam on the plastic cover that I pulled off is wet. Just wondering if anyone has a picture of what it's supposed to look like under there or are familiar with what I'm trying to describe. It's really annoying cuz everytime I turn or stop water drips out, and I checked to make sure it's water.

Also had an odd problem the other night. Went to meet up with some friends and when I turned the car off and walked over to meet them. The radio and the interior lights stayed on, I didn't really notice for a while so it drained my battery. When I tried to turn the car over later it wouldn't start. The lights and everything was working but wouldn't even get a click, just nothing, and it did this a few times that night to the point where I wouldn't turn the car off. Let the car sit for a day and a half and went out and it started right up.

I can't help you with the mystery hose but on the accessory problem have you checked to see if the fuse box on the pass side floorboard is getting wet? If you haven't been into that fuse box it's way at the top of the pass side floorboard. Pull back the pass side carpet and you'll find it. Just my :2cents

The a/c condensor should have a drain hose that drains out to the outside of the car. Make sure that when your a/c is running it should be dripping water out on the pavement, usually the passenger side footwell area. It will drip more on humid days than the normal dry arizona day.

If the a/c is not dripping outside then it must be draining inside the car, and that can cause all sorts of problems from mold and rot to electrical shorts and ruining electrical components.

The a/c condensor should have a drain hose that drains out to the outside of the car. Make sure that when your a/c is running it should be dripping water out on the pavement, usually the passenger side footwell area. It will drip more on humid days than the normal dry arizona day.

If the a/c is not dripping outside then it must be draining inside the car, and that can cause all sorts of problems from mold and rot to electrical shorts and ruining electrical components.

If it is the condensate drain that is stopped up. You can get to it by the right front inspection cover in the front wheel well. That is if you have a C5. :D

Yes I have a C5, are you talking about the tube behind the battery? Because I did check that, I even pulled the whole thing out.

Yes I have a C5, are you talking about the tube behind the battery? Because I did check that, I even pulled the whole thing out.

There is actually two tubes in that location that drain water. One is the tube that comes from the windshield pan or udder, what ever you call it and the other is from the a/c evaporator drain. There may be more at that location but that is the only two that I know about. Both of these can cause water to get inside the passagner side floor board. Hope you find the problem.

Ok, I only found the one. I need to look ar that fuse box too. Didn't even know it was there. I moved the car today and it fired right up without a problem.

Just dug into it again today and pulled the other fuse box and checked, seemed fine. So I started the car, again without a problem, and ran the AC to see if I could locate the source. I ran the car for over 5 minutes and nothing. So I said we'll see how it does today. Drove it to work today and it's leaking again, just as bad F$#%!!! So the water must be sitting somewhere in the car cuz it only comes out when I turn. But I checked the tubes and they were fine. Anybody know a good shop to take it that won't rail me with the vette tax?

Thanks, I never saw that second post on vette forums when I searched for some reason. I'll check that tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update for those that are curious, I found out that I was actually missing a section of tubing and that I also had a clog somewhere that was out of reach causing it to overflow inside the car. I guess my car eats tubing cause it was no where to be found.

Thanks for the update :thumbs

We all learn from others problems if we get the final fix. Besides now when mine starts leaking I know who to call :D

Thanks for the update :thumbs

We all learn from others problems if we get the final fix. Besides now when mine starts leaking I know who to call :D

Man, I can dissassemble that section so fast now :D. I was kinda mad that the dealership charged me 150 bucks for some hose about 6 inches long and installation, that they never really did. I already had all the panels off and sitting in the car so all they had to do was look up. And they never even reinstalled the panels, so it was 150 bucks to attach a stinkin hose.