NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

My Keisler 5 spd is here!

chevy69

Well, my Keisler 5 spd is here. Now I need a cool enough day to get into the garage and swap it out with the stock Muncie 4spd.. Today had me tempted at high 90's but too many honey do's. The humidity really kills the efficiency of the portable swamp cooler anyway.

Since the '69 is in pieces, getting the trans into the bare chassis should be a lot easier than putting it into a running car. 1st thing I noticed is that it seems a LOT heavier than my stock 4 spd. My body is still attached to the old frame, and I have a second frame I am building up. When it cools off I'm thinking about having a Pizza/Beer day to lift the body off and put it on a dolly, or if things work out the new chassis. If I need it, I will either build a dolly or if anyone has one laying around from a previous frame off I would buy or rent for a fair price. :cheers

congrats. I had a kessiler 5 speed in my 71. Best mod I ever did.

Roaring first gear, cruzing 85 Mph 5th gear.

Unless they have changed their design. you will need to cut your cross member (the part wih the exhaust going thorugh the frame looks like this> --O-O-- ) and modify it so it can be removed in the future. While you dont need to do this with the car in the current state, If you ever have any tranny issues that require removal. You will wish you have it in place.

:2cents

cheers

chad

Yeah, after it cools off a little.... Pick a date and set up a (monkey) wrenching day. :bang

We just love to come over and break your stuff.. :D