NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

homelink

ICULUKN

I know someone did a homelink visor mod to their vette. Who was it? Can you get anymore Homelinks?

I wanted to ask here before I paid 135.00 for http://www.vettemods.com/homelink.htm.

Please advise.

I looked at that link...what exactly is it??? :confused

If you give them 135.00 + your visor... they will install the homelink transmitter and wire it to your mirrors power.

Guest intmd8r

I've seen the vettemods.com product before on the CF and thought it was relatively inexpensive for what you get, but I don't know if it can be done cheaper or not.

Does anyone know of any experience with this company (or any others for that matter) in regards to how this turned out?

I would really love to have Homelink in the Vette. If anyone has any experiences, I would love to hear them too. :D

I know someone did a homelink visor mod to their vette. Who was it? Can you get anymore Homelinks?

I wanted to ask here before I paid 135.00 for http://www.vettemods.com/homelink.htm.

Please advise.

I looked at that link...what exactly is it??? :confused

If you give them 135.00 + your visor... they will install the homelink transmitter and wire it to your mirrors power.

But what exactly does "homelink" do? :willy

Guest intmd8r
OK, I found out what it does. :D

Boy, they sure don't offer much on that site do they?

I believe they're a brand new vendor and the products on their site are their first.

As for Homelink, I'm surprised the Vettes don't have it. My FX has it and so did our F-150. Do any GMs have it? think.gif

Just about all GM products have it. I will have to look for the thread but I remember seeing somewhere that you can buy a home link from any parts vehicle and install it in your visor. I have an '02 vert and removed my visor because Iam 6'5" so I have been researching installing by my knee in the carpeting on the side of the tunnel and usin he lighter for power.

Guest Chad@AZPS

I am going to be nice and say that Xtreme might have one. You might not have to trade in your visor. Just a thought.

Chad

I have had one in both of my last two Vettes. They work great. Very easy to program and completly trouble free. Bought them both from C5 Creations. Phone them at 1-877-239-5387. They will trade your sun visor or you can buy a new one--you're choice. I've had the one in my 2003 since it was new with no problems at all.