NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C6 HUD install

hawkC7

JLs Mistress

Installing HUD in my '06 tonight. Hope to have some good pictures in a couple hours.

No turning back now...

post-2069-062224100 1344645138.jpg

Can't wait to see and read follow up would like to do the same thing . Wish you were closer love to help... Good luck

Corvette Kid

C6 isnt nearly as easy as the C5s but they aren't too bad. Just be careful prying up on the dash

Quicksilver98

I just put one in my C5 a few weeks ago....Had to replace the gauge cluster and thought what the hell, while I have it that far apart may as well throw a HUD unit it. The point of no return is cutting the hole in the dash pad! Screw that up and you'll pay dearly for another. Measure twice and cut once!

HUD in in and working great. I'm still uploading pictures to my site so I'll add a link as soon as its ready for anyone interested in the step-by-step.

All told it was a fairly easy install. I did use the "cut the duct" method to make it easier to get everything in place as detailied in this great video:

http://youtu.be/A-iAJguY9xQ

post-2069-059733600 1344708295.jpg

I just put one in my C5 a few weeks ago....Had to replace the gauge cluster and thought what the hell, while I have it that far apart may as well throw a HUD unit it. The point of no return is cutting the hole in the dash pad! Screw that up and you'll pay dearly for another. Measure twice and cut once!

Grats on you new HUD! Posted Image

I had it easy compared to you thanks to the pre-cut dash. I'm thinking of adding HUD to a 2001 coupe. Do you recommend any online guides or did you have to wing it?

thanks

C6s GM got smart and only use 1 dash and they just have a pop in cover

Posted Image

Quicksilver98

I had it easy compared to you thanks to the pre-cut dash. I'm thinking of adding HUD to a 2001 coupe. Do you recommend any online guides or did you have to wing it?

thanks

For the c5 hud install look at post #40 in this DIY thread. It has all the steps.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-tech/1817090-updated-again-8-4-12-ultimate-diy-faq-thread-its-all-in-here.html

Posted Image

Thanks!

thanks

For the c5 hud install look at post #40 in this DIY thread. It has all the steps.

http://forums.corvet...ll-in-here.html

Posted Image