NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Black halo mod

shockwave

Decided to try something new and always enjoyed the look of the black halo instead of the white halo. I started the project with items I already had and by covering the car so I would not get any overspray anywhere.Then I Went with a nice thick layer of plastic dip ( didn't want this to be permanent if it didn't come out good) then went with a layer of glossy black. I think this gave me a good idea on the look and I will be getting it wrapped soon. .

Posted Image

100% awesome :thumbs I know a girl that may like this.. looks dam good! and me likey pictures

A black halo is always a good thing. Just like the lower rear facia being black, it just looks right.

Final Effort

Makes one ask. Why didn't the General do this at the factory. It just looks like it should be black on all colors. Isn't the windshield trim black?

It's actually a product called Plasti Dip. It's literally a rubber coating in a spray can. I bought some at Lowe's. The beauty is it will spray on like paint, but can be peeled off if you don't like it or screw something up. Just make sure you prep the area to be sprayed with isopropyl alcohol/water mix to strip wax before applying it so it can bond.