NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Heating/cooling blower speed

zook62

I have either lost my mind, or I legitimately have an issue. I would swear that the fan speed (which is 1-5) has lost its span... Its range... Whatever we'd call it. A few weeks ago speed 3 was just fine and dandy to cool me off. Now I swear 5 feels like its moving air less than you would expect 2 to. Anyone had this problem?? This is not a dual climate control unit. For what it's worth I switched it from head, to head and feet the other day and the amount of air coming out of the top ducts didn't seem to change.

Guest badbobs95

My 2000 blows like mad. In fact, I never put the fan on high for that reason. If it is the control switch, they are easy to replace and not that expensive on ebay. Good luck. Posted Image

I see you have a C5. If the air isn't changing where it blows from then you might want to check under the battery. If it ever had the dreaded battery leak like mine did as you can see, then you most likely have a vacuum tube that has been eaten. You will probably find the issue behind the fender well panel. This is what I found when I inspected mine. I had my vacuum leak already fixed but this is the area you will need to check. By the way, I have cleaned and painted in this area shortly after I owned this thing.

Posted Image

It does change speed, just not much change. Also when you put in on "top and bottom" is blows out both ends, when you put it to just "top" it cuts off the bottom. Seems that the vents are being blocked/opened.. Just short on cfm. I'll check under my battery. To see if that hose is eaten up.

If it's blowing out the defroster all the time no matter where your selector is then that would be a good indicator to that hose needing repair.

I just had a weird issue with mine semi-similar to this. Go to the fuse box in the passenger side footwell (under the floor mat) pull fuses 18 & 27 (look at your owners manual and the schematic under the fuse box cover), these are the power to the HVAC controls. Leave these out for a few minutes, put them back in, and start the car. This will "re-index" your actuator doors. Mine blows so hard now I look like Cahd's dog avatar

If it's blowing out the defroster all the time no matter where your selector is then that would be a good indicator to that hose needing repair.

Just found that this is the case. Need to pop out the batter and look at that hose

Just found that this is the case. Need to pop out the batter and look at that hose

Listen at the back of the intake manifold, that's where the vacuum originates, there's a stoopid little plastic connector for the vacuum line that can break off if you aren't careful removing or re-installing the intake

Listen at the back of the intake manifold, that's where the vacuum originates, there's a stoopid little plastic connector for the vacuum line that can break off if you aren't careful removing or re-installing the intake

If its right at the back of the manifold and that vulnerable, there's a good chance I could have broken it when I raised the motor while I was trying to clear room to remove my headers.

If its right at the back of the manifold and that vulnerable, there's a good chance I could have broken it when I raised the motor while I was trying to clear room to remove my headers.

:yesnod