Air bag light

Officerblue

Officerblue

Anyone else get an airbag light on after heavy acceleration? Gateway told me that this is "normal"? REALLY!?!? This light means that my airbag system is disarmed. That's the read onstar gave me. :banghead Can this be fixed? This happened to my 2009 C6 several times! :willy

I had mine into Colter for the same thing and it is a 2009 as well. Its a coonector under the seat. Pull it off, clean it and put some dielectric (sp) on it. If its still under warranty take it to Colter and see Ed.

The airbag disarms at 130mph, if your heavy acceleration took you that far. Otherwise Eddie is spot on regarding the under seat connector.

Officerblue

Disarms at 130? That would explain a lot. Thanks... Not that I would ever do that... I only go the posted speed limit

The airbag disarms at 130mph,

So I guess your SOL if you crash & burn over 130. :lol

Yep! Pretty much with or without an airbag. If the time required for the airbag to inflate was beyond the time needed for your head to already be on the steering wheel, the airbag inflation would snap your neck.

Somehow, I'd prefer to have died by the airbag than to possibly live with most of the pieces forever broken. Of course, GM wants to avoid lawsuits.

The airbag disarms at 130mph,

So I guess your SOL if you crash & burn over 130. :lol

Yep! Pretty much with or without an airbag. If the time required for the airbag to inflate was beyond the time needed for your head to already be on the steering wheel, the airbag inflation would snap your neck.

Somehow, I'd prefer to have died by the airbag than to possibly live with most of the pieces forever broken. Of course, GM wants to avoid lawsuits.

Buck thirty your going to pretty miuch bite it no matter what.

• 2 months later...