potential C3 carpet replacement

3,503 lbs of trouble

3,503 lbs of trouble

I don't know if anyone saw my post on the CF:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1020511

but 72 hours sitting outside in almost non stop rain took it's toll on my carpet. I'm praying it won't mildew, but if it does the carpet and padding in the footwells is going to need to be torn out and replaced. If this is the case, is this something that we can tackle on a wrench turning Corvette Saturday if I order the carpet from Ecklers, or should I take it to an upholstery shop?

God, what I wouldn't give for several hours of typical PHX sun right now. Even Winter sun.

Dan, there is no way I'd take it to an upholstery shop if all you need is a carpet kit installed. We can certainly install that on a "Corvette Saturday". There's little chance it will mildew out here in AZ but this continual rain isn't helping those chances. Let us know if there's anything you need done!

3,503 lbs of trouble
Dan,  there is no way I'd take it to an upholstery shop if all you need is a carpet kit installed.  We can certainly install that on a "Corvette Saturday".  There's little chance it will mildew out here in AZ but this continual rain isn't helping those chances.  Let us know if there's anything you need done!

3,503 lbs of trouble
mad5.gifI just can't win! Monday the sun was showing most of the afternoon with no rain. I was pissed because I could have driven the Vette to work and let it sit in the sun all day. Then again, yesterday (Tuesday) it was pretty sunny during the day too, so I left work early to go get teh Vette out and drive it in the sun for a few hours to hopefully dry the carpets! Suns out all the way there, then just as I'm like three miles away from the storage unit, I realize I just missed a passing storm that produced a massive downpour, and the streets were flooded, so as a result I could not take the Vette out!! banghead.gif I mean, is Mother Nature F'n with me ore what?? :cuss All I could do is sit there in the storage unit and feel my STILL damp carpet. Then again this morning, the sun is showing, mocking me. I almost went to get the Vette to take it to work, but I was running late, so I didn't. Good thing because by the time I reached the North Valley it was raining! WTF!!confused5.gif ENOUGH ALREADY!! AHHHHHH!!willy_nilly.gif

• 2 weeks later...
3,503 lbs of trouble

Wow, I can't believe it. My carpet seems to finally be dry! No smell yet. Guess we'll see...

• 2 months later...
Guest Kod_X

I hear where your coming from.

I thought I had a small leak. It turns out it was pretty bad.

During the long rains we had earlier this year, I had to drive it to work. So, when it rained it was uncovered at work. Everyday. Rain. Rain. Rain.

At night when there was condensation on the inside of the windshield, in droplet form I knew I was in trouble. After 2 months when I pulled the carpet, some of the floor board padding was STILL damp!

So...

Ripping out the interior gave me the perfect opportunity to put in my AZ Speed harness bar!

harness.jpg

Oh, still in progress..

3,503 lbs of trouble
I hear where your coming from.

I thought I had a small leak. It turns out it was pretty bad.

During the long rains we had earlier this year, I had to drive it to work. So, when it rained it was uncovered at work. Everyday. Rain. Rain. Rain.

At night when there was condensation on the inside of the windshield, in droplet form I knew I was in trouble. After 2 months when I pulled the carpet, some of the floor board padding was STILL damp!

So...

Ripping out the interior gave me the perfect opportunity to put in my AZ Speed harness bar!

harness.jpg

Oh, still in progress..

Guest Kod_X

Blue tree mod! Awesome.. Has to be good for a couple ponies...

I like the fitting of the harness. Although, now that the AZ heat is upon us.. the metal fixtures on it are QUITE hot.

• 1 month later...
Guest LikeNu2

I have done no less the 4 carpet replacements on C3's and they are not all that hard at all. I have done some homework in the kits and the one that I found to be the best as far as fit, and origaniality in concerned is from Gary Gruhala in Minn. I believe he is. His kit had the jute padding already attached and the fit was perfect. There is one other company out there that many have used but I have found to be an inferior product compared to Gurhala's. If you have the optional delux interior with the carpet on the lower door panels that piece is normally an option, Gurhalas kit had them included.

Just my opinion and what I have learned.

JoeB

I have done no less the 4 carpet replacements on C3's and they are not all that hard at all. I have done some homework in the kits and the one that I found to be the best as far as fit, and origaniality in concerned is from Gary Gruhala in Minn. I believe he is. His kit had the jute padding already attached and the fit was perfect. There is one other company out there that many have used but I have found to be an inferior product compared to Gurhala's. If you have the optional delux interior with the carpet on the lower door panels that piece is normally an option, Gurhalas kit had them included.

Just my opinion and what I have learned.

JoeB

Guest LikeNu2

Here is the information that I have for Gary Gurhala;

Gruhala Enterprises 3581 Fountain City Road De Sore MO 63020 Email: gruhala@jcn1.com

314-586-3909

314-337-2255 FAX

I have had many dealings with him and always found him a pleasure to do business with.

Joe B

:D Since Dan sold his car, has this now become the FREE POST thread???

HOLY CRAP - it's JOE B - i thought - only know 1 - that was Joe Bria - but he has (or apparently HAD a red C3) now he's sportin a Z06 - :thumbs it'll be good to see ya again Joe - it's been a LONG time! :drinkers

3,503 lbs of trouble
I have done no less the 4 carpet replacements on C3's and they are not all that hard at all...Just my opinion and what I have learned.