NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Check Battery

CZYDMND

Hey C5 owners you might want to check your battery in your car.....From my understanding the stock C5 battery is bad and will leak and destroy you computer components......and it's not under warranty...look @ your cables make sure they aren't corroded with battery acid.....It almost cost me alot of money....

JUST FYI

Guest LT4ME
i have only one recommendation.......OPTIMA :howdy

Welcome to the dumbest "advancement" in battery technology ever. The AC Delco side post battery. What a piece of crap. Don't feel special, C5 owners, it happens to every make & model out there that has one. The battery walls flex from heating up & cooling down, then small cracks (too small to see with the naked eye) form around the terminal where it's molded into the case, allowing acid to slowly leak out and ruin your cables and anything under your battery. :bs

i put an optima in my C4 with a little grinding on the cruise control bracket and it fit nicely - took a bit of fitting and some patience but i got it to work!

Guest Chad@AZPS

There was also an issue with the torque specs that GM released to the assembly line. The guys on the line over torqued the cables to the post and pulled to posts out. This caused some of the issues with the battery leaking acid onto the PCM in the C5's which is directy under the battery. Real smart of GM on two accounts. I highly recommend the OPTIMA batteries for every car.

Chad

so whos got the best price in town on an optima? I checked napa they dont carry them, pep boys is out till next week, and costco was out of stock!! :bang:bang:bang

i have only one recommendation.......OPTIMA :howdy

Welcome to the dumbest "advancement" in battery technology ever. The AC Delco side post battery. What a piece of crap. Don't feel special, C5 owners, it happens to every make & model out there that has one. The battery walls flex from heating up & cooling down, then small cracks (too small to see with the naked eye) form around the terminal where it's molded into the case, allowing acid to slowly leak out and ruin your cables and anything under your battery. :bs

I have a side post in mine as well...what were they thinking???

I got my Optima from AutoZone.

autozone wanted $169

costco $104

The one on 44st and oak has them in stock (3) anyway :yesnod

autozone wanted $169

costco $104

can't beat costco - $99 plus $5 core and tax!

i have bought all my optimas at costco - if they are out of them, try another one - don't you pass by any others on the way to/from work? you could make an appearance this weekend for the cruise.... we are meeting at COSTCO on the 101 and cave creek! :leaving just bring 5/16 wrench and whatever size socket holds the battery down in the car! (with accompanynig ratchet and long enough extensions of course) :thumbs

autozone wanted $169

costco $104

can't beat costco - $99 plus $5 core and tax!

i have bought all my optimas at costco - if they are out of them, try another one - don't you pass by any others on the way to/from work? you could make an appearance this weekend for the cruise.... we are meeting at COSTCO on the 101 and cave creek! :leaving just bring 5/16 wrench and whatever size socket holds the battery down in the car! (with accompanynig ratchet and long enough extensions of course) :thumbs

no I only work about 5 miles from the house straite down bell road to 53 ave and I called that costco earlier and they directed me to the one on 44st which isnt too bad its all freeway from my house. But thanks all the same. So whats the cruise this weekend?

autozone wanted $169

costco $104

The AutoZone at 40th St. and Thunderbird and mine was $109. I really didn't care cause GM paid for it :D