Anyone else...

Bigfoot

...getting weird little random pop-up windows when mousing over on ACE pages? I've gotten them 3 times now. Small little ones that I haven't quite gotten to see what's in them. Something about text. They disappear pretty quick and don't seem to come up over any specific location. I'll try and screen shot it if I get a chance.

And here it is. I notice that windows is hyper-linked and I didn't do it. But this has happened the main pages as well.

Posted Image

Rut Ro! The terrorists are taking over! Hasn't shown up on mine. Does it happen anywhere but the forum?

Sounds like malware... Maybe from a recent s/w or toolbar or widget/gadget install?

Its malware, look at his screenshot, the "windows" is underlined hence why he gets the popups from the embedded hyperlinks Go to malwarebytes.org download that and run

Actually it has popped up on the main page with no highlighted text...just a second ago at that.

No new tool bars installed. In Chad's post, "toolbar" is highlighted.

If it is some mal-ware, how do I find it and yes, it's only on this site...so far.

EDIT:

In this pic, you can see its at a random "unlinked" area of the board.

Posted Image

Yeah, I've discovered that. Following directions I found on a website its not working. :banghead Its only in my Firefox though. IE is fine.

Just removed and then re-installed Firefox...all is well again.

for now

Malware will come back in if it got into the registry

go to malwarebytes.org download free version and run it

delete everything it finds

According to multiple sources in my search, this only attaches itself to the browser. But I was also supposed to be able to go into the add-ons and disable it there...but it wasn't even showing. That's when I decided to just wipe Firefox clean and start fresh. I'm disappointed that TrendMicro did not find/stop this.

According to multiple sources in my search, this only attaches itself to the browser. But I was also supposed to be able to go into the add-ons and disable it there...but it wasn't even showing.

That's when I decided to just wipe Firefox clean and start fresh.

I'm disappointed that TrendMicro did not find/stop this.

Trend Micro is Antivirus, this is Malware

go to malwarebytes.org download free version and run it

It doesnt do any harm, I'm betting it will find Malware

So this "malware" is different than spam/spyware? That and more comes with the TrendMicro Titanium package that I have.

Yeah.. Legit "helper" software that is more PiTA than help. A keyword URL/link plugin. More annoying than malicious.