NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Fitting 325 and 275 tires on a narrow body

Jon

SLP has some ZR1 style wheels that will allow you to fit GS/Z06 tire sizes on a narrow body for $899. SLP now offers ZR1 style aluminum alloy wheels in Hyper Black (deep silver). Available in 18"x9.5" front and 19"x11" rear sizes, designed to fit your 2005-12 C6 Corvette Coupe/Convertible. Front Offset 53mm Rear Offset 73mm http://www.slponline.com/view_product_site.asp?P=81065 I'm going to call later and see what the weights are. Hopefully lighter than stock.

The only downside is that the larger tires are so much more expensive, might be good to have for AutoX and track days

If you are willing to go with a tradition tire instead of a runflat, the Nitto Invo is a great tire for the money. $225 for the 275/35-18 and $342 for the 325/30-19. From Discount Tire Direct. Our resident tire pimp might even be able to do better. Never hurts to ask. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/searchTireMatchingPairs.do?mps=-50&yr=2012&vid=020795 All that being said, with my 285 and 245 Kumho Ecsta LE Sport tires I can hang with the fastest on the street. I don't feel I need more at the power level I'm at. Which is 404rwhp. Maybe once I put a blower on.

I'd FAR recommend the NT05 over the Invo. The Invo is designed to be neat looking, comfortable and quiet. The NT05 is a performance tire.

I'd FAR recommend the NT05 over the Invo. The Invo is designed to be neat looking, comfortable and quiet. The NT05 is a performance tire.

I got 6000 miles out of my last set of NT05's. I won't be using them on the street anymore. I've had Invo's on my old GTO and they did great in the twisties.

I got about 20,000 out of mine, but they went off at around 8,000 and have been a bit slippery since. I tried a set of Invo's, and hated them. They felt very mushy, and offered too little lateral grip. Different strokes I guess. If you're happy, I'm happy...