1980 Corvette Vert Big Wheel Project

Bromley's Corvettes

Bromley's Corvettes

Fun project at the shop a 80 vette getting 20X15s in the rear so full back half job like a Pro Street car but no cage and not going to be raced. It has a 454 c.i small block with F.I it put 580 h.p to the wheels with tiny crap exhaust and cats and smog pump. Its getting a 3.5 X-pipe system with no cats or smog so should put down 600 h.p when tuned. It also has a Tremec 5-speed so going to be a blast to drive with a 4.11 rear gear and low end tq Posted Image We are also doing the front end with urethane bushings and coil overs and billet brakes. The rear is going to be a Fab 9 with alum center and billet 4 piston calipers and drilled and slotted rotors. The plan is to have it painted red and black interior with red piping and details.

• 1 month later...
Bromley's Corvettes

Up date on big wheel vette. It took a little cutting and welding and fabbing but got the huge ace wheels to fit Posted ImageThey are 32 inch tall and 18 wide lol. Dont think hes going to have any problem hooking up his 600h.p motor lol.

Bromley's Corvettes

Yes Fab 9 with alum center and coil overs and ladder bars. Basic drag car set up even no hes not really going to do much racing. More of a wild street car for fun. He just wanted huge wheels under his vette because its not something you see to often.

I love the look and the concept. I like every type of Vette but the sharks are my favorite and respond really well to customization. Good stuff and great seeing the owner take it in this direction. You ROCK, Doug! Chris

It does look really good! I'll have to come check it out in a week or so! My tranny is working great, by the way...and no leaks! Thanks, Doug!

:clap I have to say...9 inch rear end...big wheels wit tubs and that corvette body all reek of awesome groovyness!

• 2 weeks later...

Man that whole concept just looks .. well .. 'bitchin' I'd need a shiny blower up front an stuff too :D Nelson Racing Engines does a nice 572 blower motor ..800 ft lbs of torque at 3300rpm .. talk about your power under the curve!! -just sayin -Frank aka GE

Bromley's Corvettes

Big tubs of AWESOME!!!! :thumbs

Awesome is a good word for it lol. Tires 32 tall and 18 wide under a C-3 vette is just bad ace Posted Image

Bromley's Corvettes

Man that whole concept just looks .. well .. 'bitchin'

I'd need a shiny blower up front an stuff too :D

Nelson Racing Engines does a nice 572 blower motor

..800 ft lbs of torque at 3300rpm .. talk about your power under the curve!!

-just sayin

-Frank aka GE

That would be sweet but the customer wants to keep things under the hood for now lol. He wants to put a blower on the small block that fits under a stinger or L-88 hood. Would not be hard to get at least 1000h.p like that so it should get him by into he wants to switch to a big block Posted Image

L-88 hood on that Vette would look great. (sort of a factory peice too :) Sounds like he's gonna have enough hp to let the smoke outta them back tires when it needs it too :) Very cool .. should be an awesome ride. -Frank aka GE

Bromley's Corvettes

Whoooo Hooooo just ordered the Fab 9 rear end with alum center and 35 spline axles and wave trac posi and 4.11 gears. Only 4k and I still have to weld all bracket on like coil over mounts and 4-link and wish bone and install center and axles and brakes and paint everything Posted Image Pix of the rear end build coming soon should be hear in about a week.

• 3 weeks later...
Bromley's Corvettes

Lookin' good!!!! Now I see what the big ass tire is for!!! AWESOME!!!!

LOL they are huge and heavy ace wheels but look really cool under a C-3 Posted Image

• 1 year later...
Bromley's Corvettes

Progress on big wheel. Its rolling and out in parking lot whoooooo hooooooo. Next its getting a roll bar then finish interior.