NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Southern Cali and The Wave

Guest intmd8r

Guest intmd8r

So we're over here in SoCal for the majority of the week and first off, I'm surprised at the LACK of Corvettes. sad.gif

We do see them, of course, but when we do, they're never looking and they don't wave. I've put down my window, stuck my hand out and a Vette going the other way in the lane right next to me won't even notice! :willy

We finally came across a red C5 on the freeway who waved yesterday! shocked.gif

So here I am today, cruising back to the resort via PCH and I pass another vette that doesn't even notice me. :ack I start thinking that maybe the people here are simply too cool to notice, let alone acknowledge, that there are other cool Vettes on the road other than theirs! :chris

Of course, as soon as I'm thinking that, I notice another red C5 coming towards me and he sticks his hand out the window about 1/4 mile away and waves all the way past! :D :howdy

I do find it odd that the majority of drivers don't even seem to notice the cars around them, though. It's not like they're looking and not waving, they just don't even see us! :lol

:toetap I'm a native Californian and there is a reason I left and will never move back. Most are so stuck on themselves it's not even funny. Not all mind you, but it seems to be a common theme and I am not surprised that is the kind of treatment you got out there.

I wave every time I see another vette out there...I don't see them all, but when I do... :thumbs

Most of them are afraid their wave will be misinterpreted as flipping someone off and they'll get :hunter .

Freeways in Southern Cali are about as dangerous as the westside here in Phx..... Oh wait, I mean as dangerous as Maryvale. :D

:howdy:howdy:howdy I'll wave to ya!!! :howdy:howdy:howdy

and thanks Eddie for clarifying that last statement. Westside :chris