NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Selecting the next set of injectors for the turbo toy

Cross

So I want to switch the Turbo car to E85 for obvious reasons. It has Ford 42lbs injectors on it now that will be going on the vette. What would you guys recommend I know we have a few turbo guys here. Should I go a little bigger than 750cc I was just increasing from what the current ones are that handle the car to make up for E85. I do not plan on taking the car above 16psi I just want to make it safer. Thanks

For a 306 V8 that seems big for such a small and light car... I do call it the drag toy but I like street driving it and it is not being tuned using HP Tuners obviously lol. Getting it to idle sounds like I would be in for an adventure.

I thought you were talking about your vette, what are you referring to? Plus, ID injectors have incredibly stable low PWs.

The FB RX7 in my signature. 306 Forged Bottom end at stock compression stock heads and cam, Edelbrock intake and turbo'd currently at 8psi but has been run at 16psi however it needs better gas to handle it hints my desire to go to E85. Its running Ford Green 42lbs injectors now and has an FPR but honestly the way to tune this thing is well... different to me. Its not really completely computer controlled so to speak like I am used to with say HP Tuners or Megasquirt timing is obviously distributor controlled and fuel was being changed from my understanding using the rising rate FPR.

750s would likely work, but I am still a fan of the ID 1000s. I have seen them used in some E85 281s, so it is not too much.

If you guys need parts from Injector Dynamics lemme know.

I got my ID2000s from Paul already :thankyou:

Here's my new injector's.......like, one bazzilion cc's IIRC. :rockon2:

Posted Image

Oh yeah, the plunge-O-matic 9000 injectors. I can't tell from the pic, but are those the John Force Signature Editions?

Posted Image

I guess this is why I see you squeezing the bulb while driving down the roadway. Gotta keep up that fuel pressure.

If you ever installed that cam, you'd need a second injector and pump with both hands.

Oh yeah, the plunge-O-matic 9000 injectors.

I can't tell from the pic, but are those the John Force Signature Editions?

You know it !!!!!!! :partydance:

Posted Image

I guess this is why I see you squeezing the bulb while driving down the roadway. Gotta keep up that fuel pressure.

If you ever installed that cam, you'd need a second injector and pump with both hands.

:LolLol:

HAHAHA talk about going a different direction. I think I figured out how to handle it and I will be looking into using the larger 1000's I need to collect a little more information

HAHAHA talk about going a different direction.

I think I figured out how to handle it and I will be looking into using the larger 1000's I need to collect a little more information

LOL....sorry for the thread jack.

Haven't participated in the board for a while......I needed to get my jack off :partygrnhat:

Don't worry about it, that was damn funny! But make sure you don't get it all over you when your done.

Don't worry about it, that was damn funny!

But make sure you don't get it all over you when your done.

don't worry.......Ted see's that I only squeeze one ball while driving :partygrnhat:

Clean up..........a 'hole different story :facepalm:

......I needed to get my jack off :partygrnhat:

Oh Victor.......you didn't think that one was gonna slide, did you?????

......I needed to get my jack off :partygrnhat:

Oh Victor.......you didn't think that one was gonna slide, did you?????

Nope......I didn't :partydance:

My old one was pretty stale......it needed some spicing up :yourock: