NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Trying to pull down AFR's during WOT

Cross

Alright with the wideband in, a few more changes across the board I have been playing with the Vette as I usually do on the side. Well last night I made some trips to Mexico for fun and enjoyed it but I could not get the Vette to stop running rich. It started at 11.3, I got it to 11.8 and finally 12.0 but that was the best I could get it. I have been trying to figure out what could be affecting the WOT AFR's so much (Yes I am still on E85, I know those are Gas numbers but I can not figure out yet how to switch my AEM over for E85 like I could my LC1) that I can not get them to atleast 12.5 to 12.8 like I want. So I was hoping for a little insight from others, Here is a log and the tune from last night as it ended. Log and Tune: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B16UVhG_cdUxYWhVZG1KM09MN2s https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B16UVhG_cdUxUU5mS2ZGby1OMms

You don't run the same AFR on E85 as gas even though your wideband is still on the gas scale. I can't recall what you should be at on the gas scale off hand as I never went E85 myself. Maybe Nic will chime in. Or try the HP Tuners forum.

Lamda is 1.0 for all fuels is my understanding so 1.0 Lambda = 14.7 Gas, 1.0 Lambda = 9.7 E85 I believe it is. So honestly the AFR number is less concerning when showing AFR as lambda 1.0 is the same regardless of Gas or E85. I also ran across posts on LS1Tech where NicD chimed in on this very thing saying it as well, I believe the AEM is not able to be switched from Gas to any other AFR scale.

Can you reduce the % of enrichment when going into PE mode ???? ((WOT))

Can you reduce the % of enrichment when going into PE mode ???? ((WOT))

:agree

You can do that with HP tuners

I tried under the EQ vs RPM I believe it is but thats the table where now I make changes and it has no effect like another table is over riding it.

The car only knows true PE when the MAF is calibrated properly. Otherwise you have to rape the PE tables to make the car do what you want. I would start with ensuring the MAF curve is adjusted to deliver the requested PE. Cheers :cheers

Hmm I will play with that again I thought I had it dead right but maybe I wrote over it with the old calibration. Thanks for the idea Two Snails.