NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

AIRAID Intake

jdk541

I received the Airaid "CAI" as a gift and was planning on installing over the weekend. My car has the LS2 engine with the 6 speed manual. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has put this type of intake on and if they had any advice or something I need to watch out for? Also, a review of the before and after impact, if any, would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Should be pretty straight forward. Just make sure you watch the wires for the MAF and IAT sensors. Oh and make sure you have everything seated well. Don't want any leaks and un-metered air getting in.

Prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads.

Prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads.

It's all ball bearings these days. Would you look at the gook on my hand????? Whoosh....

I just installed a Vararam CAI on my LS2 last month and it dropped my best quarter mile time from a 13.2 - 12.84 ET on the drag strip. Ball bearings???

Just finished the install and went for a quick test drive. As you said it was pretty straight-forward. The hardest part was getting the new bridge-tube over the throttle-body. Man it was tight, but that is good. Took a bit of adjustment to get everything lined-up, but once I did, the fit is very solid and the unit looks stock. I was originally concerned about disconnecting the battery because I didn't want to have to re-set everything. The battery was disconnected for about an hour and the only thing that needed to be re-done was the clock. All the radio station pre-sets held and the built-in garage door opener thing too. My initial reaction is VERY positive. The throttle response seemed much better than what I expected. I know you can truly only get so much performance out of a bolt-on like this. I actually didn't think I would even feel anything, but I can assure you I did. This is a good product and I would recommend it as a cheap, but effective upgrade.