NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Aftermarket seats in C4

Guest fasteddy

Guest fasteddy

Has anyone put in aftermarket seats in their Vette? If so, are they a direct bolt on to the stock tracks? Are there specific brands or models that are a direct bolt on? I am looking at different alternatives to redoing my interior other than the normal leather seat covers or Iggee type seat covers. Thanks.

Ryan

Guest XLR8TNC5

I put the Corbeau A4's in my C5. Not a direct bolt in. Don't recommend them and I am still working on getting all the bugs out of the fitment.

I hear everyone say they love SPARCO. You may want to try them. However, I know youa re looking for C4 purposes. Maybe someone here has aftermarket seats in their C4? I wish I could help you out more, but I can't when it comes to the C4 seating arrangements. I wish you the best though.

And then I put Tanya's C5 seats in my C3. Thats about all the help I can offer...

seats2.jpg

And then I put Tanya's C5 seats in my C3. Thats about all the help I can offer...

seats2.jpg

Dawg, did you ever do a write up on that? Those the stock C3 seatbelts? My 72 will need new seats or a complete rebuild. I think it may cheaper to go aftermarket or with alturnative setup like you.

The seat belts are the stock ones.

Basically what I did was to remove the C3 frames, and line them up on the C5 seats, drill and tap new holes then bolt them in... If I ever get around to it I need to go back in and trim off about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch off of the C5 frame to lower the seats....

I also wired the C3 motors to the C5 switch, there was no way to mount C3 switch to the C5 seats.

If you decide to go with this setup, let me know and I will make time to come up and help.... :thumbs